My end plates seem pretty out of whack ...

jubei

Re: My end plates seem pretty out of whack ...

Post by jubei » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi again,

Thanks for your quick replies to both of my issues! Since I came out of lurk mode on the forum only when I found some issues with my build I'd like to be clear that Inventables exceeded my expectations in most ways. Everything is nicely presented, and has been counted and packaged by a neat freak. The support is very responsive through e-mail. I really don't want to complain about anything. They even brought the Neoprene belt into the Makerslide accessories when I asked! I couldn't source all this stuff better or cheaper myself right now, if I count my time as worth anything at all. Thanks!

Now, I tried my best to measure the CC of the Makerslide pieces, however it is a bit imprecise after tapping it. The long ones are around 19.5mm. None of them can go onto an axis end plate without extra drilling.

I measured around the extrusion profile and I think the major culprit is this measurement marked by red arrows (excuse useless touchpad drawing):
On my Makerslide I measure consistently 1.98-2.02mm, on the Shapeoko parts I measure around 1.7mm on the side with four legs indicated in picture.

If it would help you I can put the Z-axis piece in a Jiffy bag and send it back to Inventables?

Since I have a bunch of working Makerslide laying around there's no panic with replacements. I'll send you an e-mail.

Thanks for your work,
Jonas

jubei

Post by jubei » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 am

Hi again,

I just wanted to close this thread for my part.

Apparently the error shown is within tolerance for the extruder, however not for the current Shapeoko design. For my part, and I assume anyone else with the same problem, Inventables will ship a new set of Makerslide pieces. I also understand that a lot of smart people are now working to get this just right in coming production runs.

Thanks,
Jonas

Colecago

Post by Colecago » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm

I knew I saw a thread on this. Having the same Issue in Batch2 :-(