SO2 Z-axis upgrade

oskanaan

SO2 Z-axis upgrade

Post by oskanaan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi,

I've got the z-axis belt drive nema 23 upgrade from Improbable construct (http://www.improbableconstruct.com/prod ... z-axis-kit), but couldn't find the acme screw upgrade available anywhere, inventables don't seem to sell it separately. Does anyone know where can I get an Acme lead screw with the right specs to be used with the SO2 or if someone wants to sell it?

Thanks

DanMc

Re: SO2 Z-axis upgrade

Post by DanMc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:01 am

Those come from IC as well but it looks like he's sold out. You could send a PM and ask when he might get more in.
I've decided to go a different route and got a stepper with integral TR8-2 lead screw and a nut from Amber Spyglass. I'll have to figure a couple things out still but it should work out. If there's interest I can post details when I get it sorted.

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:49 pm

That's a configuration that works well. The main advantage of IC's leadscrew is that it's attached at both ends, so you can fairly easily use a belt to drive it and get the motor out of the way. But if you don't have clearance problems, a motor with a threaded shaft is the simplest way.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

oskanaan

Post by oskanaan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:14 am

IC has got a new batch of these, good timing :)