Quick detach dw660 mounts, hose holder and vacuum attachment

discussion of design changes / improvements / suggestions
kbot3d

Quick detach dw660 mounts, hose holder and vacuum attachment

Post by kbot3d » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 am

I'm late to the party but I brought cool toys. I couldn't find what I wanted so I made it. The vacuum attachment has an inner ring to center it to the dw660 and the metal attachment clip that comes with the dw660 makes it quick and easy to remove. The bolt is a M4 so no need to modify the clip. Inside the vacuum attachment is a nut built in so no wrestling to see what you can't ( or at least I can't). The bottom is just an 1/8" lower than the spindle nut so I can still see my bit work. The hose side is infinitely adjustable in solidworks for any size hose. I snapped one of the one piece mounts one day ( I'm a bit clumsy and rough on my toys) so I came up with a quick detach mount that also holds the hose to my shark vac securely. This setup works like a champ although I'm still experimenting with sweeps of all types. Revision 12 on the vacuum attachment and revision 3 on the mounts and I'm ready for some input. Thank you to all the shapeoko forum members as you have helped me take my heavily modified shapeoko to the next level. All parts are made on my home built 3d printer ( which is why I'm late to the party, the darn thing is addictive) I have printed many different parts for my shapeoko kbot including motor mounts, acme rod mounts, belt mounts, end stop switch holders, cable drag chain and a box (still working on the final revision)for my tb6560 blue with switches for power and a voltage regulator to dial down the dw660 for spindle speed control ( a much needed part if you mill plastics)and have just gotten started. If you have an idea or better yet a cad file, I'm always open to helping others improve our hobby.
Attachments
vacuum dw660 4.jpg
vacuum dw660 4.jpg (178.94 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
vacuum dw660 3.jpg
vacuum dw660 3.jpg (216.35 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
Last edited by kbot3d on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

DevinTX

Re: Quick detach dw660 mounts, hose holder and vacuum attach

Post by DevinTX » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:16 am

That is the coolest looking dust/shield setup I have seen so far. I hate the idea of not being able to watch the end mill do its thing. Will you be offering any or all of the parts for sale?

devinTX
ShapeOko # 207 / Dual Y Drive / Acme Upgrade / Belt on outside / Working on expansion

kbot3d

Re: Quick detach dw660 mounts, hose holder and vacuum attach

Post by kbot3d » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:43 am

I'm all for selling these to whomever as long as I don't step on anyone's feet with respect to Mr. Ford and anyone else. This has become an expensive hobby. I can also make them in about a dozen different colors and can resize the hose connection for your preferences. Also I would like to collaborate with other shapeokophiles to prototype other ideas or improvements. I will offer working (or not so working lol) prototypes to those who design useful parts at cost plus shipping.