[SO3] Tips On Getting My Hall Effect Limit Switches Attached

discussion of design changes / improvements / suggestions
mankyd

[SO3] Tips On Getting My Hall Effect Limit Switches Attached

Post by mankyd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:15 am

I've made some nice little hall effect limit switches. The trick is that I haven't figured out how to mount them on my machine yet. Anyone have good experience with this?

I've seen a few random examples for mechanical switches, but even then the photos of them aren't great.
Shapeoko 3 #147
Headless Controll via Raspberry Pi
SuperPID2
Touch Plate
Hall Effect Limit Switches in the Works

http://ohthehugemanatee.net/

rodcar125

Re: [SO3] Tips On Getting My Hall Effect Limit Switches Atta

Post by rodcar125 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:41 am

mankyd wrote:I've made some nice little hall effect limit switches. The trick is that I haven't figured out how to mount them on my machine yet. Anyone have good experience with this?

I've seen a few random examples for mechanical switches, but even then the photos of them aren't great.
I have installed mine (mechanical) though havent connected them. I designed the brackets kind of a J shape and attached them to the holes near the end of the Y and X plates. I think this is the easiest way to attach them since you need just 1 design for the X/Y brackets and 1 design for the Z
Here are some photos I just took from my install, hope you like them and get ideas as how to mount yours. I'm thinking that attaching the magnet to the front and rear plates, where the Y extrusions are bolted may do the trick
Attachments
IMG_3789.JPG
IMG_3789.JPG (92.71 KiB) Viewed 770 times
IMG_3788.JPG
IMG_3788.JPG (93.45 KiB) Viewed 770 times
IMG_3781.JPG
IMG_3781.JPG (136.52 KiB) Viewed 770 times