Buildlog.net Arduino Compatible Stepper Shields available

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
ejs

Re: Buildlog.net Arduino Compatible Stepper Shields availabl

Post by ejs » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Harrie wrote:Hi EJS,

I was trying to order some of the bare PCBs to New Zealand and noticed you were sold out. When will they next be available again?

Thanks,
Harrie
Hi Harrie,

I have a few more, now added to the store, but only a few. I've got another big order in the works. You can always get them from Caitlin (forum member cvoinescu) at his shop in the UK. May save you a bit on post. http://bit.ly/amberspyelec

EDIT (regarding following post): Just an FYI for everyone: Caitlin's store has complete kits with all of the components as well as the raw boards. The boards are matte black with double thickness copper to facilitate cooling.
Last edited by ejs on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build it better than it was built for you. And give permission for the next guy to do the same. That's how Open Source works.
ShapeOko # 497: http://bit.ly/reactshop producing the Buildlog CNC Stepper Shield

Harrie

Post by Harrie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 am

Thanks,

I have actually gone ahead and ordered the boards from a PCB printing service, seeing as how I had to source all of the components myself anyway. Only cost me $25 for 10 boards, so hopefully that works out.

Cheers,
Harrie

eat5hams

Post by eat5hams » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi EJS,

I understand your concerns with shipping your full kit overseas, but surely there should be a way to ship the kit with components to Canada. We aren't that far away up here! :D I can order full autopilots for my UAV and other electronics kits, so I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any problems with customs. Most things are shipped with "DIY electronics Kit" on the customs form, which is 100% honest and I've never had issues with customs.

Just a thought!

Thanks,
Eric

bdjohns1

Post by bdjohns1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 am

ejs,

just shot you a note through your site - I wanted to order a board and drivers to take advantage of your deal. You've only got 2 of the drivers in stock, though. I must spend more money with you! :D

ejs

Post by ejs » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:59 am

eat5hams wrote:Hi EJS,

I understand your concerns with shipping your full kit overseas, but surely there should be a way to ship the kit with components to Canada. We aren't that far away up here! :D I can order full autopilots for my UAV and other electronics kits, so I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any problems with customs. Most things are shipped with "DIY electronics Kit" on the customs form, which is 100% honest and I've never had issues with customs.

Just a thought!
Eric, and good thoughts they are, too. I'm not anxious to test the border restrictions that come attached to my electronic components. This is becoming my livelihood, and I don't want to misstep at all. I hope you understand, and I hope it can be amended in the future.

But, I have good news. If you order from my site, my UK reseller (on the forums we know him as cvoinescu) will now be shipping full kits to anywhere in Europe, Oceania, and yes, even Canada! I will ship out an order's mechanical parts, driver boards and so on, and your board kit will arrive separately from C.V.

I'm happy that this is now the case, as it will make shopping in my store a lot more seamless for everyone no matter their homeland.

~EJ
Build it better than it was built for you. And give permission for the next guy to do the same. That's how Open Source works.
ShapeOko # 497: http://bit.ly/reactshop producing the Buildlog CNC Stepper Shield

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Africa too!
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

Jimjimbobim

Post by Jimjimbobim » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi EJ,
I placed and paid for an order with you a week ago and have not heard back from you. I need to know when I will be receiving my order. I have sent you two emails through your store website, but I received no reply. Please contact me ASAP. Thank you. -Jim

crashn_burn

Post by crashn_burn » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:35 pm

At least I feel better now!

Nice to know that after all the complaining I did, the merchant has not changed their ways. If he/she is really trying to make a living at it (as stated in previous post in this thread) then they will fail until they fully understand the concept of customer service.

Its also interesting to compare your latest post with the responses he gave in the thread that I started. He said he would re-tool his site and be more responsive, but judging from your experience, that is not the case. See this thread http://shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1849

You will eventually receive your boards. That's the good news.

The bad news is you chose a vendor who does not understand that customer contact is a key component in today's marketplace. I finally received my boards, but never did get a direct response to any of my inquiries.

Best of luck to you,
crashn

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Jimjimbobim wrote:Hi EJ,
I placed and paid for an order with you a week ago and have not heard back from you. I need to know when I will be receiving my order. I have sent you two emails through your store website, but I received no reply. Please contact me ASAP. Thank you. -Jim
You may have missed the notice on EJ's website about the lead time (up to six days). Add the time the package spends in the post, and it may take more than a week for you to receive your order.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

ejs

Post by ejs » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:44 am

Oh, crash. Dude, you have 15 posts on these forums and 9 of them were in a forum to complain and swear about and at me.

There has not been any contribution from you, only pain. Even the sales guy from BobCAM has contributed.

Even Edward occasionally left his own site in the dust. http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=100 Relax already. We're victims of our own success.

I'm always moving to rework things. It's all an experiment. Overseas orders are now shipping split, which is complicated for me but gives more people access to the full kit. International shipments are notorious for not getting where they are going or coming back and needing reshipped. More shipments means more issues.

I'm not aces at this yet, but I'm always trying for better. And I also follow up on my mistakes. But not when I start getting threats, like from ol' crashn_bum. At 350 boards and kits out the door, I can say that the rate of discontent is about 2%.

I also get quotes like this: "I love the board setup you've thrown together. I've had a motor chip on my last [other manufacturer's product] fail, and the surface mount setup on that default board makes repairing the board a massive hassle. The setup you've thrown together should save me plenty of time, should a failure like that happen again. I'm looking forward to it!"

BTW, got my first order out to the African continent the other day. Woo Hoo! CV's shop continues to be the best place outside the US for all things ShapeOko.

As ever, if you're worried, open a civil dialog with me and we'll go from there. And PayPal has you totally covered, just in case I am a crook.