extrusion joining clips and limit switch mounts

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
kbot3d

extrusion joining clips and limit switch mounts

Post by kbot3d » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 am

Want to make your double x upgrade stronger? Want to join your extrusion bed more solidly? These clips will do the trick. Slightly oversized so when you install them, the makerslide will shave them down for a perfectly tight fit. You will want to clamp your pieces during install to ensure a square fit.

The limit switch holders slide into the extrusion for a solid mount. Double holes for the occasional oops of installing them backwards. Mounts common limit switches available from radioshack or many online retailers.

The site has been updated http://www.kbot3d.com

All parts can be custom ordered to suit your specific needs. Just message me the details. Yes we accept paypal.
Attachments
limit switch mount.jpg
limit switch mount.jpg (17.23 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
joining clips.jpg
joining clips.jpg (29.34 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
Last edited by kbot3d on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

crashn_burn

Re: extrusion joining clips and limit switch mounts

Post by crashn_burn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Ok, I'm game for some parts, how do we order ?

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:02 pm

There's a list of vendors for upgrade parts on the wiki: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrade_Overview

Kbot3D's site is: http://www.kbot3dprinting.com but he doesn't seem to have everything listed there yet.

William
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

crashn_burn

Post by crashn_burn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks Will,
I'm a new shapeoko user and am now looking to bling it out. I just received my dual Y motor peices, have to wire them up, but would like to add limit/home switches etc. I am also going to post my HF rounter/spindle pictures, as it almost fits in the stock spindle holder and is much more powerful than an dremel. Less than $50 for sure.

Crashn

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Excellent!

In addition to posting pictures of your spindle, please report on your perceptions of how it works, as well as any hard numbers you can find (we need to fill out the gaps in the Spindle Options table).

William
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

Jlm

Post by Jlm » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Can you link to examples of the type of switches you mean are compatible with the limit switch holders? I've picked up some switches from Radioshack myself that I intend to use, but it seems like they'd mount in a different axial position than what these are designed to fit.
Shapeoko #1476. Dewalt 660, hold down table.

kbot3d

Post by kbot3d » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks for the interest. I'll get the sales side (aka the wife) of kbot3d moving to update the site. Most limit switches are a standard size. I use SPDT Switch with 3/4" Roller Lever
Model: 275-017 from radio shack as it is readily available in store.

However I am happy to put the mounting holes where you tell me for your specific application. It only takes me a moment to change the drawing per your request

crashn_burn

Post by crashn_burn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:44 pm

kbot3d

Tried to respond to your pm, but can't because i'm too new.

I want the clips, 2 sets of limit switch holders and am considering the print head accessories.

please contact me via email

crashn dot bernstein at gmail dot com

GarageRatGeezer

Post by GarageRatGeezer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Can the extrusion clips be forced far into the aluminum extrusions, say 12 inches, so that you can position them along the entire extrusion, or will they just slide into the ends and stay flush with the ends?

kbot3d

Post by kbot3d » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 am

yes they can be forced as deep as you have a rod to drive them. that is why I provide so many in a kit. They are oversized for a tight fit so you will want to clamp (for example) your extrusion bed to a flat surface. Clean cut extrusion will shave a bit off them as they go in. Then once they are started(the hard part), Use some rod or a properly sized whatever to drive them as deep as you would like. This also works well for the double x upgrade if you dont want to tap. The more you have in place, the stronger to connection. Even a few provides a secure connection but Im a fan of overkill.