$150 off Misumi Promotion

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
Misumi_Carey

Re: $150 off Misumi Promotion

Post by Misumi_Carey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:45 pm

fasteddy, I'm sorry to hear this!! Please email me at cstraetz@misumiusa.com with a copy of your order, and I will look into for you.

fasteddy

Post by fasteddy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:45 am

No problem. I filled out an inquiry form on the website and Samantha got back to me letting me know she'd send the missing piece asap. Just waiting on a confirmation number.

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Awesome to hear! Let me know if you need anything else, happy to help! :)

fasteddy wrote:No problem. I filled out an inquiry form on the website and Samantha got back to me letting me know she'd send the missing piece asap. Just waiting on a confirmation number.

rcouto

Post by rcouto » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:10 pm

My Misumi experience.

When I first saw this promotion, like many, I almost felt it was too good to be true. I decided to give it a shot because who can argue with such a nice offer plus I am always looking for a good supplier. My intention was to give Misumi repeat business in the future to help them mitigate such generous offer. Again I went in with the idea that if it was a good experience then I'd gladly talk them up.

Now, in light of getting some free stuff, it pains me to make the following comments:

The account management part of the website is not very good. You cannot see your real invoice. You can see an order confirmation but not your invoice.
I received my order and a small piece was missing in addition to that, 1 of my t-slot extrusions was damaged. This was disappointing, the packaging of the shipment was first class therefore what this means is that they sent me a damaged extrusion from the get go. It had a very visible dent.
So I called in customer service with all the info on hand. I was instructed to email the pictures to the customer service email address.
I emailed lots of pictures and provided ALL the relevant info about my order.
I received an email back requesting that I complete a form. This was a bit of a let down. The form looked like and internal document and I had to put in All the same info I had provided in the email. As a good customer service practice, I would have expected Misumi to make an effort on the form completion. When talking to customer service reps, I never got a sense of ownership, as if they could not be that helpful. I asked about my total to be invoiced because I ordered more than $150 and they could not help me. They did send me the replacement parts, one would say that they made good right. Wrong, they charged my credit card for the faulty parts! I called back and asked them to fix the mistake again I got a wonky response. They said that its because customer service did not issue the credit and that it will be credited in a week. Here we are now and 1.5 weeks later and the charge is still there.

Misumi's generosity 10/10
Product selection 8/10
Website 5/10
Overall execution FAIL

I also had issues with my Inventables shipment. The box was received in very bad shape. The Inventables customer service was FIRST CLASS in resolving my issue! They really wen't beyond my expectations towards resolving my issue. Can't wait to start my build.

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 am

I'm a little worried, my order was placed on Friday with the special offer code in the instructions field, but my credit card was charged today for the full amount. :(

fasteddy

Post by fasteddy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Hmm, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, rcouto. [Chris: my advice is to send a message through their inquiry system on the website.]

On my end, things seem to be going well. I've received a UPS tracking number for my missing part and Misumi has confirmed in writing that I won't be charged for the part or the shipping. And this is key, because shipping to Canada is not cheap. While my original order - which came out to $149.78 - was free, the shipping to get it to me came out to $121. Kind of kills the "free" part. Still, it saved me some money, and my part is coming.

I do agree that their billing and quote systems are terrible. You should have a good idea of what shipping will cost before spending money. And you really shouldn't have to wait until a week AFTER receiving the products to get dinged for that shipping...

BUT, overall, I still got a good deal on some quality products, so I'm happy.

Enraged

Post by Enraged » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Ouch, I didn't realize the shipping would be so much to Canada. It might be worth using a cross-border shipping/holding service if it's that much.

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:49 pm

@fasteddy, that shipping cost is so high, I feel like it could be an error. Did you contact MISUMI about the shipping cost?

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:09 am

Unfortunately, the way Misumi USA handle shipping is more or less standard for industrial supplies. Basically, you arrange your own shipping -- the simplest form of which would be to provide them with your FedEx/UPS/etc account number -- or they do it for you, and then they bill you for whatever they paid, after the fact. It's very different from the way it's done in retail sales.

Still, that amount seems excessive.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

fasteddy

Post by fasteddy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 am

I got the invoice tonight. Shipping/freight was 77.77, taxes 29 and change. Though that means I was taxed on both the shipping and the cost of the parts (before discount).