$150 off Misumi Promotion

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
Misumi_Carey

Re: $150 off Misumi Promotion

Post by Misumi_Carey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:37 am

Hey Enraged, we've never really done something like this before...and I think that's pretty apparent in how our internal systems worked out. That's something we have to get better at, for sure.

And, YES, I have more promotions planned in the future. I can't really give any details yet, but yes...

fasteddy

Post by fasteddy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Update to my ongoing saga:

To recap what I wrote earlier:
After receiving my shipment, it was missing a length of 4040. I contacted Misumi, they shipped out a new one. Shipping was free, but I still had to eat the customs charge. Then a couple of days later they charged my cc for the missing part.

Anyway, I got in touch with their customer relations/inquiry dept, and was told the manager would look into it. After 8 days of silence, I followed up again. Received an email yesterday that they were giving me a credit note for a future order. If this were a return, I could see this as a reasonable solution, but my credit card was charged in error - I want a reversal. Anyway, I thanked them for the offer, but declined and asked for a reversal (curt but polite). I'll update as to the resolution.

I really want to like this company, and I think the promotion was well-intended, but these ongoing issues make it difficult.

Enraged

Post by Enraged » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Worst case with credit card charges is you call you credit card company and have them deny the charge. It's bad to have to do that, but sometimes it's the only way.

awesomename

Post by awesomename » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:41 pm

fasteddy wrote:Update to my ongoing saga:

To recap what I wrote earlier:
After receiving my shipment, it was missing a length of 4040. I contacted Misumi, they shipped out a new one. Shipping was free, but I still had to eat the customs charge. Then a couple of days later they charged my cc for the missing part.

Anyway, I got in touch with their customer relations/inquiry dept, and was told the manager would look into it. After 8 days of silence, I followed up again. Received an email yesterday that they were giving me a credit note for a future order. If this were a return, I could see this as a reasonable solution, but my credit card was charged in error - I want a reversal. Anyway, I thanked them for the offer, but declined and asked for a reversal (curt but polite). I'll update as to the resolution.

I really want to like this company, and I think the promotion was well-intended, but these ongoing issues make it difficult.
Don't wait! Just issue a chargeback with your credit card provider and get it over with. this company obviously can't get their stuff together when it comes to billing

RobCee

Post by RobCee » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Do try to play nice with them; they are only just taking orders from individuals. If you make it too difficult for them, they will just stop and go back to corporate sales only again.
ShapeOko2 #3400 - Chinese 800W AC Spindle - Stiffened X-Axis - TR10 Z-Axis - Inverted Z Motor - Hall Effect Limits - Drag Chains & Custom Brackets

awesomename

Post by awesomename » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:09 am

RobCee wrote:Do try to play nice with them; they are only just taking orders from individuals. If you make it too difficult for them, they will just stop and go back to corporate sales only again.
Amazon did something like 2billion orders last year and they have great customer service.

I should have known better but i bit the bullet and bought some stuff through misumi..Im wishing i didnt after they added 3 weeks of ship date to one of the products. Their system is soo ass backwards its rediculous.

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:50 am

Hey... I've read all the feedback on our processes, and, truth be told, our billing/invoice systems are not up to snuff. You guys are right. We dropped the ball in some cases. Keep posting the truthful feedback, because it helps me show the company leadership how we can get better. Without this, I can't bring evidence that promotions like this are of interest to our market (especially individuals), but our internal systems need attention to handle them right.

Misumi practices Kaizen principles, it's the idea of continuous improvement. The company takes stuff like this seriously. Keep on keepin' on, and post the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Misumi_Carey

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:42 am

I've been following this from the beginning, and considered taking part, but pretty much have decided not to:

- worried about hassles w/ billing
- hate the mystery aspect not knowing up-front what the shipping is, of agreeing to pay one total and being (ultimately) charged for some other total
- website is just too hard to navigate --- couldn't find anything which I was certain I would want

Presumably, it's all worked out well for a lot of people who haven't posted here (and the positive statements were really encouraging at first), but as a public relations effort, I think it's falling short in some ways. I do appreciate that it's all being done out in the public eye though, and hope the next time things are smoother, and I am looking forward to improvements in your website and billing practices.

We do have Misumi listed on the Vendors page.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:29 pm

IMHO, the deal went well with USA customers. For Canada, the shipping(+other costs) almost killed the deal. USA shipping was around $25. Canada shipping was over $100.

fasteddy

Post by fasteddy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:00 am

I've been informed that they'll be reversing the charge to my cc. Time will tell.

For what it's worth, I genuinely believe (based on what I've read and my first-hand correspondence) that they want to do right by hobbyists, it just hasn't gone well.