$150 off Misumi Promotion

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
will1384

Re: $150 off Misumi Promotion

Post by will1384 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

I ordered parts 02/11/2014, its now 02/18/2014, still no discount, and no shipping costs listed, and I got the parts 02/14/2014, kinda scares me :?

I used the code "First150--Reddit" placed into the "Special Instructions" text box, and it was my first order with Misumi.

I will post back if anything changes.

samc99us

Post by samc99us » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Ordered 2/12/2014. Shipment did go out UPS ground, but in 3 packages, all arriving at once, so I assume this was the least expensive ship method. I still haven't seen a final bill; Fedex is usually 25% cheaper than UPS but it really depends on who you use the most and what your account relationship is like. I'm worried about these costs because my order had some pretty long lengths in them and those can be killer on shipping charges.
Modified Shapeoko 2: 1500mm fully supported y-axis, 1000 mm 4060 x-axis, ACME Belt Drive Z-axis, Dewalt DNP611, full aluminum t-slot table, 4x NEMA23 180 oz/in stepper motors driven by a G540

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi there! I’ve responded to a few of you guys through my work email, but I wanted to also pop in here.

When it comes to shipping, as a few others have noted, if you requested Ground shipping, we sometimes automatically upgrade it to a better shipping option to get it to you faster. We get better rates as a corporation based on carrier and service, so while the consumer rates are pretty scary, ours are super-reasonable. So, we pass those discounts on to our customers. We won’t ever upgrade you to a more expensive option that costs you more, unless you request it. We’re not in the business of making money off of shipping. :) Heck, we might not be in business at all if we did that to our customers!

The charges should be coming through for those of you who ordered and received your parts already. I would expect tonight/tomorrow.

There are no ‘gotchas’ in this promotion. I know it’s a lot to ask for your trust us—seeing is believing, right? So, I’ll try my best to get answers in this post. Here’s my work email address also – use it if you have any other questions/comments/concerns. cstraetz@misumiusa.com

Carey

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:04 am

I got the invoice via USPS today. I'm charged $18.94 for shipping. That is great.

However, I don't see $150 subtracted from the invoice. Has anyone got the $150 subtracted? [Update: see the link below, Carey answered already, it won't show up in invoice, only will be in the Credit Card]

Thanks

Janapriya
Last edited by janapriya on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:14 am

Wow, you've answered already Carey! Many thanks for your support. Please disregard my email :-).

http://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comm ... romo_faqs/

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Janapriya, thanks for sharing this. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask! :D

Carey

Enraged

Post by Enraged » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:36 pm

I may have missed it in the thread, but how are you shipping to Canada? I prefer USPS simply because UPS and Fedex usually try to charge ridiculous brokerage fees. Nothing on my order will be longer than 1m

ALuomala

Post by ALuomala » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:44 pm

For Carey (or any others that have ordered from Misumi), I couldn't find anything similar to t-track (not sure if that is a trademarked name), but I was looking at preparing upgrades to my SO2 workarea (material holding) and perhaps a workbench I am planning out for my garage. I was also looking for lock down clamps similar to ones I saw on the General iCarver series (sorry, but closest picture I can get is [img=http://www.woodcraft.com/Images/product ... 07_001.jpg]here[/img]).

Basically anything that I would be able to use to make a nice working area for holding down pieces of wood. I was also toying with the idea of creating a "bed" or something that could be removed from the working area and placing the objects into it in another area, and then sliding it back into the work area (a fixed, indexed area). I have a bad back, and if I place my SO2 in an area that is slightly out of the way, it would be nice not to hunch over all the time, adjusting clamps, etc. I saw this at Lee Valley, and was thinking something similar (homemade, likely, as they want $100 for this one, likely due to the fence).
ShapeOko2, serial ??
DW660 spindle;
Upgrades: 900mm X axis and 1000mm Y axis; ACME Z Axis; modified MDF wasteboard with t-slot
Primary usage: wood crafting (signs, plaques, and ultimately a CNC-made electric guitar)

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Enraged, It will be shipped via UPS unless you have an account with FedEx that you select for shipping. Because of the volume of product we move through them we get better rates than an individual, and sometimes have the ability to upgrade you to faster shipping free of charge, a benefit that we will always pass on to you when it is available. Plus we pay the duty fees!

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:36 am

Aluomala, I would love to help you with these questions. :) It's a little beyond my learning curve, though... If you want, send me an email at work and I can put you in touch with one of our engineers who specialize in this kinda thing. My work email is cstraetz@misumiusa.com. I can copy your post from here so you don't have to re-type it all. :-) And, hey, if we can put together a rig that helps your back, all the better!!

Carey
ALuomala wrote:For Carey (or any others that have ordered from Misumi), I couldn't find anything similar to t-track (not sure if that is a trademarked name), but I was looking at preparing upgrades to my SO2 workarea (material holding) and perhaps a workbench I am planning out for my garage. I was also looking for lock down clamps similar to ones I saw on the General iCarver series (sorry, but closest picture I can get is [img=http://www.woodcraft.com/Images/product ... 07_001.jpg]here[/img]).

Basically anything that I would be able to use to make a nice working area for holding down pieces of wood. I was also toying with the idea of creating a "bed" or something that could be removed from the working area and placing the objects into it in another area, and then sliding it back into the work area (a fixed, indexed area). I have a bad back, and if I place my SO2 in an area that is slightly out of the way, it would be nice not to hunch over all the time, adjusting clamps, etc. I saw this at Lee Valley, and was thinking something similar (homemade, likely, as they want $100 for this one, likely due to the fence).