$150 off Misumi Promotion

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
ALuomala

Re: $150 off Misumi Promotion

Post by ALuomala » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:03 am

Carey, thanks for replying. I will email you over the weekend with an example of what I am trying to achieve (found a few better examples than what I provided).

I found the page that contains their equivalent of t-slot/track. It is here (there are a variety, all beginning with "flat aluminum..."). On the Rockler and Lee Valley sites I found two different sizes (1/4"-20 & 5/16"-18), so I have to determine what the metric equivalent is on the Misumi site. I am guessing that the 1/4"-20 should be suitable for basic purposes, so I will likely go with that, unless there is a compelling reason to go larger.
ShapeOko2, serial ??
DW660 spindle;
Upgrades: 900mm X axis and 1000mm Y axis; ACME Z Axis; modified MDF wasteboard with t-slot
Primary usage: wood crafting (signs, plaques, and ultimately a CNC-made electric guitar)

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:48 am

Sure! Happy to help! We have a good selection of parts in inch increments as well. Then again, Rockler and Lee Valley are also good choices for what you are looking for here. If they are a better fit, then hey, go for it! Choose what works best for you. :D I would never bash another company.

ALuomala

Post by ALuomala » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:54 am

I was using Rockler and Lee Valley as points of comparison, as those 2 are pretty big names in woodworking, and that is where I would be getting the accessories (to fit into the t-slot/track). I was hoping to take advantage of your current promotion (to build my work areas) and then, all things (shipping, duty, etc) being equal, perhaps use your company for future endeavours (more supplies, building an enclosure for my SO2, etc).

Thanks for being available for us here: it is greatly appreciated!

Allan
ShapeOko2, serial ??
DW660 spindle;
Upgrades: 900mm X axis and 1000mm Y axis; ACME Z Axis; modified MDF wasteboard with t-slot
Primary usage: wood crafting (signs, plaques, and ultimately a CNC-made electric guitar)

will1384

Post by will1384 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:32 am

will1384 wrote:I ordered parts 02/11/2014, its now 02/18/2014, still no discount, and no shipping costs listed, and I got the parts 02/14/2014, kinda scares me :?

I used the code "First150--Reddit" placed into the "Special Instructions" text box, and it was my first order with Misumi.

I will post back if anything changes.
I got a letter in the mail from Misumi, it showed the entire cost with shipping, but no discount, I guess the discount will show up on my credit card, shipping was just under $30 for seven sticks of 20mm x 40mm x 1524mm aluminum extrusion and a few small parts, not to bad.

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:05 pm

@will, in case you didn't know already, according to Carey's FAQ, the discount will be applied to the credit card.

danimal

Post by danimal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Have been thinking about this long and hard, and have been searching configurations online for about three hours now, but I can not get a order price. Do you have to run a quote for the order, wait for a reply and the place an order when everything is satisfactory? I would like to see what my order total is at this point, but I have not seen a price on anything and I do not feel confident placing an order until I see the actual price of the items I have selected.

I have created an account and login for my business, and I have selected some of the items that I need but there are others that I want if the price is right. Are they doing some type of site maintenance and will have prices displayed again here soon? Were there prices when other people were ordering?
Shapeoko # 1458

RT0701C Spindle || dual y motor || x axis nema23 with custom carriage 1000mm length || z axis nema23 linear rail upgrade with 1/2-10 ACME

samc99us

Post by samc99us » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:10 pm

danimal,

Prices showed up online; you select the part number and the quantity than do a price check. The only thing that doesn't show up is shipping. For my order that was $30.00 on some 1500mm and 1000mm rail. They still haven't charged my credit card, but Carey assures me it will work out.

You can see a price list of my parts and an overall build list here: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2630

I haven't assembled the full machine yet, but IMO this is the beefiest design you can achieve without going to custom motor plates like IC did. My only concern may be some twist on the x-axis gantry HFS5-4060-1000, but that is hard to quantify (easily an optical illusion). IMO, the y-axis is overkill, but fully supported and for about the same price as the mid-span support brackets, well, cheaper because the rail was free! Honestly the only concern I have at this point is the spoil board itself, and the simply massive size of the MDF required.

Good luck.
Modified Shapeoko 2: 1500mm fully supported y-axis, 1000 mm 4060 x-axis, ACME Belt Drive Z-axis, Dewalt DNP611, full aluminum t-slot table, 4x NEMA23 180 oz/in stepper motors driven by a G540

Llamas

Post by Llamas » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:27 pm

I've ordered from them a few times in the last year, and I've never gotten a price on shipping. Ever. The best I've been able to do is check my credit card statement, and compare that number with my order confirmation email to get the difference. I get the feeling that their back-end is geared more towards internal use (i.e. sales reps using the system, and customers talking to the sales reps), and has been adapted for on-line ordering as best they can.

That said, each time I've ordered, it's been very reasonable. For me, it's varied from under $10 (for a 700 mm 4040 and a couple of 760 mm 4020 pieces -- 2.8 kg) to $20 (for similar, 500 mm parts, plus 8 x 1000 mm 6020 pieces -- 14.7 kg). This was for shipping from southern California to Seattle. They pack things pretty well, too.

Too bad I'm not a first-time customer, or I'd be making up things to build just to take advantage of this offer.

criznach

Post by criznach » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:33 pm

I just got my invoice in the mail. $22.87 for shipping around 30lbs of extrusion and accessories in 2 boxes. And I got it in 3 days. Not bad! I still haven't see the charge on my credit card, but I'm confident it will be correct.

Misumi_Carey

Post by Misumi_Carey » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:18 am

Hey! I've been watching this post to make sure we're on top of our game in taking care of you guys. :) I'm so happy to see the great responses to our shipping costs (turns out, they are pretty darn fantastic), and our packaging is top-notch. Please PM or email me if you have questions (silly or not, I'll answer any email, I swear...). I am so looking forward to seeing the builds that come from the Misumi components. :D

Carey
cstraetz@misumiusa.com