Want to buy GT2 Pulleys for SO2 (Nema 23)

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
janapriya

Re: Want to buy GT2 Pulleys for SO2 (Nema 23)

Post by janapriya » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:21 am

Thanks Garry. How would you do it? I'm curious, would it be possible using 1/4 drill bit? (may be started with a center bit?)

danimal

Post by danimal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:17 pm

I tried the 1/4 drill bit method for my old MXL pulley because I just upgraded to nema 23's and wanted something on there in the mean time. It worked, but it was not easy to hold and center the pulley. First I clamped a piece of wood to my drill press. Then I used a spade bit to drill a hole just large enough to fit the pulley large end down in. Then I swapped bits to the 1/4 bit knowing that the center of the axis should be aligned with the center of the pulley. Then I held the part with a pair of needle nose pliers and bored out the center hole.

On a related note, I ordered one of the 1/4 GT2 from inventables a week or so ago when they had them in stock and they shipped my order without it and have no explanation as to why they did not send the pulley. I guess they must have had a stocking error, but either way they still have not gotten back to me about the status of the pulley so now I am sitting here with new belts, longer axis and no pulley to swap over to. Frustrating, and now I cant find another one anywhere to order that is in stock.
Shapeoko # 1458

RT0701C Spindle || dual y motor || x axis nema23 with custom carriage 1000mm length || z axis nema23 linear rail upgrade with 1/2-10 ACME

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Thanks Daniel. That's a nice way.

About inventables, yeah it is frustrating. In my case I ordered when they were instock, first they informed me that item will be delayed a week or so and then, they said "item was so hot, it was out of stock again before fulfilling my order". :-). In the same email thread another CSR told me they got wrong parts when they ordered from the supplier. Now I have to wait till they sort it out + CNY delay. I like their customer support (offered merging some orders hence saved in shipping, and really responsive), but they REALLY REALLY need to fix the problems in their system. Being a Comp Eng, I have my theories on whats wrong in their system, but I don't think it'll be interesting.

If what they say is correct, my Shapeoko build is waiting for 3 little pulleys for a month!

danimal

Post by danimal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Their customer service has been great, but it is a pretty bad situation when a $5 part is holding up thousands of dollars of merchandise. I just got an email back from them stating that the Shapeoko 2 sold roughly twice what they anticipated and it was causing a lot of stocking issues across the board. I really hope that they can get the part to me in a relatively timely manner. With a month of waiting, it is not looking good. Their site did say in stock a week ago, so that is odd that you were passed over having placed an order that long ago.

Either way I want to get rolling on my latest upgrade and it is frustrating to sit here looking at 99% of the parts and knowing that I cant go any further because my machine is not operational putting me further behind. Oh well, I guess good things come to those who wait.
Shapeoko # 1458

RT0701C Spindle || dual y motor || x axis nema23 with custom carriage 1000mm length || z axis nema23 linear rail upgrade with 1/2-10 ACME

gmfoster

Post by gmfoster » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:51 am

Well you can get the 5mm pulleys pretty cheap. I'd drill with a good 1/4 inch drill for a start and go from there. If to big the next one I would drill just below 1/4 then 1/4.. if that failed I get a reamer..

The bore a hole in wood and use that to align might be a good way to go. Anything to get it together then you can buy the good stuff when available..

I would try it using my lathe..but not everyone has that option..

Garry

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Garry, yeah may be I will try 5mm bore ones. Unfortunately no, lathe is not an option :-(

aroldfut

Post by aroldfut » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:15 pm

As of today, GT2 pulleys with .25 bores can be had on eBay for $5.80 including shipping.

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks. Inventables eventually overnighted it as soon as they got them. However UPS wanted to keep it one more day :-D due to their error.

This is the ebay link, I searched using "GT2 20T 6.35"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RepRap-GT2-20T- ... 19e95ba704