CNC HDX Beta Program

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
LouisV

CNC HDX Beta Program

Post by LouisV » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Hey everyone!

I hope all of you have been having a great week so far.

I want to start a beta program for the HDX. My hopes are to get some feedback on the machine and make sure that when it officially goes on sale for everyone else that the machine is as good as it can be.

To become a beta tester simply PM me and I'll gladly put you in the program (if space is available).

The requirements of a beta tester are:

1. You must document your build.

2. You must report your experiences with the machine to me. If you encounter any problems or have suggestions then by all means let me know. For example if you think the belt clips aren't good enough or if you think I should use different toothed pulleys.

3. You must be willing to assist in writing up assembly instructions.

In total there are 9 slots for the beta program. By signing up you not only get the machine before everyone else but you also get a discount. In addition you will be able to get free replacement parts due to any potential design flaws that lead to pre-mature wear and tear or that affects the performance of the machine. More details on this later.

As a beta tester you will be purchasing the mechanical kit of the HDX. You will need to source the electronics yourselves but I can aid in that process by recommending some options.

The kit includes:

1. Two 4080 exstrusions at 1000mm length (y-axis)

2. Two 4080 exstrusions at 1500mm length (x-axis)

3. Two 2040 extrusions at 1500mm length for machine base

4. Openrail for the x and y axis

5. One 0.5 x 1.5 x 56 inch thick Cold Roll Steel flat bar for gantry support

6. 32 delrin wheels

7. Six steel wheels for the z-axis

8. Two Spacer blocks for the z-axis

9. Stainless steel rail for z-axis

10. 7075-T6 aluminum extrusion for z-axis

11. Ballscrew kit ( includes 16mm diameter 5mm pitch ballscrew, flange nut, preloaded anti-backlash nuts, ballscrew supports with two angular contact bearings and one radial bearing)

12. All the motor mount plates, carriage plates, end plates, and spindle mounting plate

13. 15mm wide 3mm pitch GT2 belting for the x and y-axis

14. Six belt clips

15. Three 15mm wide 20 tooth GT2 pulleys

16. Coupler for the z-axis rated for stepper motors up to 425oz

17. All of the necessary M5 and M8 screws, nuts, washers, shims, and spacers

As I said there are 9 slots for the beta program. Down below you can find out what slots are still open and at what price. I will be updating this list every time someone signs up.

Group one- $1,599 +shipping ($400 savings)
1. Taken
2. Taken
3. Taken

Group two $1,699 +shipping ($300 savings)
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open

Group three $1,799 +shipping ($200 savings)
7. Open
8. Open
9. Open

As I am still working on the HDX prototype by milling new parts and testing them I don't anticipate I will begin kit fabrication for beta testers until the third or fourth week of November. My plan is to have all kits shipped in time for Christmas but I can arrange for later shipping if necessary. If you have any questions please contact me.