Old HDX Gantry

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
LouisV

Old HDX Gantry

Post by LouisV » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Hey everyone, as some of you may know I've been working on a couple of new CNC machines these past 6-8 months and have gone through a lot of prototyping to get to where I'm at now. I'm selling the gantry that was used on the older HDX prototypes for $85 + $60 shipping. The gantry is made out of two 4080 1513mm HFS5 extrusions bolted together. They also feature two 1/4' thick cold roll steel bars (top and bottom) that act as additional reinforcement to combat downward deflection. A single 1513mm long 4080 extrusion is about $52 by itself (not including shipping costs), not to mention the cold roll steel and all the screws and extrusion nuts it took to get everything bolted together, so you're getting a good deal.

The gantry is of course pre-tapped and is great for anyone interested in moving up to a bigger machine capable of more heavy duty work. There are some very minor scuffs and scratches here and there but for the most part it's in excellent condition. PM me if you're interested.

Jacobey

Re: Old HDX Gantry

Post by Jacobey » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 am

Do you still have this?

Is this the gantry you had on the machine right before you went to the third 4080 extrusion? What size steppers did you use to move it? I was looking at building my own machine based off of yours using a 800w spindle you recommended in an earlier thread. I believe you were still using makerslides with the 800w if I remember right so this is probably overkill but will give me an opportunity to upgrade in the future

Thanks,
Jacobey