Software for engraving images with laser attachment

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
Dannygrob

Software for engraving images with laser attachment

Post by Dannygrob » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, so I'll introduce myself first: I'm Danny, a software engineer from The Netherlands.

I have a custom laser diode attached to my CNC. I was looking for some software package that can engrave images into wood or cardboard with my small (1.4 watt) laser. I could not find anything that could do what I want, or it was too expensive. So I started programming... The result is my 'Laser Imaging Editor software'. I figured that more people would want such a software package, so the software is now available for everyone. The software outputs G-Code that can be used with any modified shapeoko or custom CNC machine. It includes many laser-on / off options, like spindle control or fan pwm.

You can use it for free for 30 times. Also, I will give away serial key's to the first 10 to request it (by mail or here on this topic). I have not yet decided if I want to ask money for it, but I feel (since I've put a lot of work in the project) a small amount, like 5 dollars is an option. For now there is this small price.

If anyone wants to test it and tell me if it works and what the results are, please do so! You can find it here:

http://happycoders.com/release/laser

Thanks!

Dannygrob

Re: Software for engraving images with laser attachment

Post by Dannygrob » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:50 pm

I still have 8 keys left!

sunnamp33

Post by sunnamp33 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:16 pm

I would love a key. I will send you a PM also. Thank you

Dannygrob

Post by Dannygrob » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:48 pm

sunnamp33 wrote:I would love a key. I will send you a PM also. Thank you
You can use the link on the page from my site to request a free key:
http://happycoders.com/release/laser

Thanks!

Dannygrob

Post by Dannygrob » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:36 pm

My tests are going well, I only have 1 free key left!

Dannygrob

Post by Dannygrob » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:08 am

I have no free keys left, sorry! If you like the software and want to support it's development you can get it for almost 2 cups of coffee :)

The link is now: http://www.lasereditor.com

FargoPhil

Post by FargoPhil » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:30 am

Bit of feedback, I really like the calibration feature. I ran the calibration with defaults and burned a rectangle in the board. Then turned up the feed rate and was able to start to make out the gradient. The status bar at the bottom of the screen quit updating however. So the estimated time remaining was just what was in there from the first run.