Upgrade Parts!

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
edwardrford

Re: Upgrade Parts!

Post by edwardrford » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:28 am

Things are moving along on this. The last set that came in needed to be tweeked slightly, so I had to submit another iteration.

But, as many people can attest to, some additional time up front in this 'getting ready to launch' stage, will pay dividends when you can order these off the shelf and know for certain they will ship same day, as opposed to waiting for me to ship them :-)

Right now I'm getting the final sample powder coated (black), once they pass the fit/finish test, I'll put them on the shelf and turn on the SKU.

-Edward
Shapeoko 1 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 2 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 3 #2 - Stock

sjh

Post by sjh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:20 pm

That's great to hear. I see you have learned ;)

FabricatorCraig

Post by FabricatorCraig » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 pm

@edward

Given that there were issues with the Inventables-procured batch, have there been any additional modifications to the design files (as a result) since the "v3" suffixed zip file you posted earlier in this topic thread? If so, can you make the latest and greatest files available either here or via a link to your github, please?

Thanks for your time.

-Craig Dunn
-----------------Craig The Fabricator-----------------
SO1 - (1) Red Powder-Coat & (1) Non-Painted Steel
SO2 - (2) w/ lots of I.C. & other upgrades
SO3 - Serial #447

LTMNO

Post by LTMNO » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Hello All, I have been reading the pages of posts here...
I am a little confused as to should I be ordering stuff from Inventible's at the moment.
Do I wait? or is everything okay to oder?
ShapeOko #1508, TinyG Controller, Dual Y, ACME Z-Axis, MeanWell(S-350-24v), NEMA 23's, 1m Squared t-slot table, OpenRail and the Original Z Makerslide and all Motor Plates...

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Everything which Inventables has on their site now is good-to-go.

The minor concern some people have is that there is an optional, upgrade end plate design which is to be _added_ to the Inventables stock, so some people would liefer wait until its availability so as to save on shipping.

Here's a blot post which discusses them and has a link to a page which shows an image (and allows ordering).

http://blog.amberspyglass.co.uk/2013/02 ... -shapeoko/
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

LTMNO

Post by LTMNO » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks, that the upgrade that I really want... I will wait for that to be available and order then. Would save on having two end plates that are not necessary anymore. I am wondering, if you upgrade do they take and away and then add to the BOM... or just add to the BOM and really you are just saving on the shipping of the separate items?

Thanks,

Pino
ShapeOko #1508, TinyG Controller, Dual Y, ACME Z-Axis, MeanWell(S-350-24v), NEMA 23's, 1m Squared t-slot table, OpenRail and the Original Z Makerslide and all Motor Plates...

Jimmy0x52

Post by Jimmy0x52 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 am

I might be missing something but I don't see a link to the inventables stuff. Help?

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 pm

WillAdams wrote:Everything which Inventables has on their site now is good-to-go.

The minor concern some people have is that there is an optional, upgrade end plate design which is to be _added_ to the Inventables stock, so some people would liefer wait until its availability so as to save on shipping.

Here's a blot post which discusses them and has a link to a page which shows an image (and allows ordering).

http://blog.amberspyglass.co.uk/2013/02 ... -shapeoko/
Will, that's my take on the end plates. The shop is in the UK. The plates are available now. They are raw stainless steel, ugly but functional. You can order them from the US, but the shipping is prohibitive, I'm afraid. The plates are designed specifically for the eShapeOko, but they should work on the ShapeOko too. I'm not sure whether any of the three provided belt anchoring slots match idler positions on the ShapeOko; the middle one might work with the idlers in the bottom two NEMA23 holes, but I'd have to check. However, it's fairly easy to drill two new holes in your motor plates for the idlers, or to use the stock ShapeOko belt anchors.

Edward's end plates will show up, eventually, on the Inventables site.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

FabricatorCraig

Post by FabricatorCraig » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 pm

I have several sets of the MakerSlide Europe open end plates en route at the moment. I will report back as to their viability with the standard ShapeOko and modifications. I plan on having some of the v3 motor plates and some variation of edward's and the European end plates (which I will likely add some of my own ideas to) waterjet cut from either aluminum or light steel. Again, I'll start a thread with the outcome of that effort as well.

-Craig
-----------------Craig The Fabricator-----------------
SO1 - (1) Red Powder-Coat & (1) Non-Painted Steel
SO2 - (2) w/ lots of I.C. & other upgrades
SO3 - Serial #447

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Where are the engineering drawings for all these parts?

It would be nice if we could get them all in some source repository and linked on the wiki.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets