Upgrade Parts!

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
Jimmy0x52

Re: Upgrade Parts!

Post by Jimmy0x52 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:49 am

Edward did you ever post the files for milling these parts? I know you said you had some upgrades to put in but wondering if you added them.

dointhangs

Post by dointhangs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:12 am

Hey jimmy just look a few posts back on this same thread they are right there in a zip file! I just downloaded and opened and it looks good.
Shapeoko #298, dual drive upgrade, acme z axis, open bed endplates and a slightly larger ("expanded desktop") work area!

Jimmy0x52

Post by Jimmy0x52 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Aha sorry thx!

dointhangs

Post by dointhangs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:38 pm

levlandau2 wrote:While the parts are not available in the store, it would be cool if someone could mill these parts on-demand. That is the dream of having your own CNC mill right?

I would guess milling the parts out of 1/8" or 1/4" aluminum should make them good enough for use...?

I'd love to try but, I am waiting to complete my large ShapeOko upgrade before I try milling aluminum again (due to some challenges because of x-axis flex the last time around).
So on paper your idea about milling the upgrade parts out of aluminum sounds ok, BUT having them as steel plates like Edward sells them pretty much totally removes them as any sort of variable contributing towards flex in the machine though. Which is nice.
levlandau I am in the same boat as you, I got a little bashful about milling aluminum after one attempt. I have most of the parts for a double x upgrade, just need the time and one final push and will revisit aluminum... I just want to do the little thin guage anodized plates though and not 1/4" thick stock.
Shapeoko #298, dual drive upgrade, acme z axis, open bed endplates and a slightly larger ("expanded desktop") work area!

nio

Post by nio » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:01 am

Edward, could you review my tracking number (PM)???? it was delivered on December 4th, but it hasn't arrived yet, do you know what is the problem?? the data from usps hasn't changed from that date....

Thanks in advance...

nio

Post by nio » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Edward, i'd like you answer my question, because it seems you don't want answer it!!!! i didn't receive any feedback of my problem... i made the order one month ago, the tracking you sent to me never change the status, so if would be nice if you give me a solution!!! have you sent again the upgrades??? new tracking??? or what is the problem??

nio

Post by nio » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 am

Edward, any news??

RSWeaverAz

Post by RSWeaverAz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:49 pm

@nio
Have you tried sending Edward an email through the user control panel | private messages tab,
possibly he's busy and is not getting info on the various forum's new posts ...
I Launch Rockets
, aka High Tech Welfare for Engineers
Your tax dollars have to go somewhere ... right!
ShapeOko S/N 396

loopingz

Post by loopingz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:23 pm

I dont know if Edward is on vacations, but no answer on forum, neither by email... I am patient but I am moving house so I would like to receive the stuff before I am in a new country...
Shapeoko 1. Dual Y 1m with Name 17 (twice lower torque as the original motor). Double Xrails side to side. Acme-Z. Metalspacers.Wood 22mm waste board. Kress1050 with custom holder. Arduino GRBL + GRBL shield.

nio

Post by nio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 am

@RSWeaverAz Yes, mate, i wrote 2 email a 2 PM, so at the end i posted here because i saw he had connected to the forum almost everyday or two days, for example he last visited to the forum was on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm (but i don't know if he take look at this thread or not)

Finally he wrote me a PM on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 pm, and told me he mailbox was full, and the notification wasn't working properly, and he had to see what was the problem with my tracking/upgrade parts.

I bought on 5 nov 2012, when the upgrades parts were available and in stock, and the only communication i received was via PM 5 days ago... (via paypal i received a tracking number which is in the same status from 4 Dic 2012).

I don't know what's the problem, because i'm still waiting for Edward response, the only thing i know that my upgrade parts are not here, and the communication with Edward is awful or null...

I hope other users are luckier than me.