Upgrade Parts!

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
SnapFracturePop

Re: Upgrade Parts!

Post by SnapFracturePop » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Zinc would be good - I'm no good at waiting for paint to dry.
Shapeoko #384: dual-Y, outside-belt, ACME-Z,1000mm Y, drag chain cable management, insert-nut style base board, 800mw IR laser cutter, & 3d-printing with Qu-Bd & Printrboard.

alpha

Post by alpha » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't want to mess with paint too.

pagercam

Post by pagercam » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm

I can only assume that uncoated ends up meaning rust for those of us unable to wait for paint (lazy?) so Zinc seems like the best option

Mudshark

Post by Mudshark » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks for the update, Edward! Use your engineering judgement for finish. I prefer non-crusty.
Mudshark
Serial #0054, 2 Watt laser, dual X motors, double Y, ACME Z Axis, G540, Mach 3, rotating axis, needle cutter, Proxxon, 750mm x 375mm, laser cross hairs, auto zero, GT2
Ordbot #201, E3d hot end, bourdon tube feeder.

chip

Post by chip » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Dearest Edward;
I have been waiting patiently now for almost 90 days for the motor plates .
Dearest Edward;
you have promised twice (VIA PM) to make this right .
Dearest Edward;
your credibility with me is now suspect.
Dearest Edward;
I will now commence a harassment campaign on this forum that will continue until you make good on your word .
DearestEdward;
may I suggest you use fedex overnight delivery to prevent further embarrassment .
Dearest Edward;
*edited*
best
chip

pourcirm

Post by pourcirm » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 pm

A harassment campaign and throwing around F-bombs is only going to get your posts deleted. Frustration is understandable, but try to keep it civil and that will probably get you better results.

nio

Post by nio » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:40 pm

i'm not going to be hard as chip, but everybody has to understand the frustation because you're waiting 3 or 4 months for some stuff, and when you speak with Edward, he says next day, sorry, he got wrong, but you let time go and the plates don't arrive at your home (probably he has more problems, and he is busy in other business), but i think that 3 o 4 months to make some plates, it is not usual...

pourcirm

Post by pourcirm » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:47 pm

I understand the frustration. I bought one of the last kits that Edward sold himself before the Inventables change. There were some issues and missing pieces and it took a few months to sort everything out finally. So as I said I understand the frustration and I think Edward probably does too let's just try to keep it clean in the forum is all I'm saying.

edwardrford

Post by edwardrford » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:14 am

Where to start?? Probably with another apology for basically disrespecting your time/payment. If it's a matter of being honest, i really was. Disorganization have a tendency to trump good intentions though, and I'm sorry about that.

The good news is this gentlement: Chip's message, or should we call it his "harrassment campaign" has obviously done the trick. I shelved all other duties/responsibilities for this evening: Taking phone calls, doing video chats, answering emails and working on design revisions so I could pack up the boxes that I should have packed up months ago. Not only did I finish Packing them, I even printed a label for each one that needed it. And after i was done printing the label, guess what? I scheduled a pickup. Then, I walked the packages out to my back porch and set them in the place they will get picked up from tomorrow when USPS comes and gets them. Sorry, there will be no fed-ex overnight, but USPS has treated me well and I am confident the packages will get where they're going safely and promptly (2-3 days)

Moderators: Thanks for keeping the post but editing the profanity. It doesn't hurt my feelings, but I'd hate to see the forum go down that road. SO far we've got a year of civil discourse going, and I'd hate to be the reason for that ending. I appreciate your professionalism.

For everyone else, not directly involved in this thread but following along, I apologize to all of you for my lack of follow through and promptness on the issue. Looking back through, about 50% of this particular thread is comprised of people asking me where their packages are... which is not exactly "quality" content.

like I said, everyone should have their parts in hand in the next couple of days, then we can put this to rest.

-Edward
Shapeoko 1 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 2 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 3 #2 - Stock

sjh

Post by sjh » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 am

edwardrford wrote:
Jimmy's assumption is correct. I'm moving these parts over to inventables, where they are really good at fulfilling orders and keeping things in stock. If all goes well, we should have these available in the next couple of weeks.

The big question now is how to get them plated? Raw steel? Zinc? Flat Black? My feeling is to just go with raw steal or maybe just primed? Any suggestions are welcome.

-Edward
Any update after 1 month? I'm planning to buy some stuff from Inventables. It would be great to include these plates in 1 order.