Shapeoko Batch #4

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
ejs

Re: Shapeoko Batch #4

Post by ejs » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:06 pm

@ Digitalmagic: Bart explains the change to the MakerSlide profile (and material):

"The MakerSlide profile is going to change slightly in the future. The old profile was proving difficult to extrude. There were material flow issues centered around unslotted portion of the face of the profile. While the critical v groove features were not affected, the old profile had some issues."

The rest of the post is found at http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1275
Build it better than it was built for you. And give permission for the next guy to do the same. That's how Open Source works.
ShapeOko # 497: http://bit.ly/reactshop producing the Buildlog CNC Stepper Shield

Digitalmagic

Post by Digitalmagic » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 pm

ejs wrote:@ Digitalmagic: Bart explains the change to the MakerSlide profile (and material):

"The MakerSlide profile is going to change slightly in the future. The old profile was proving difficult to extrude. There were material flow issues centered around unslotted portion of the face of the profile. While the critical v groove features were not affected, the old profile had some issues."

The rest of the post is found at http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1275
@ejs
Thanks for the info, good to know. I guess this hidden wall was kind of unuseful.
s/o #650 - Wish my digits are ... magic!

ZachKaplan

Post by ZachKaplan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:36 pm

@digitalmagic

Send an email to help at inventables dot com and we will figure out the best solution. We have been sending people a fresh set of MakerSlide. Last week Edward created a new hole pattern for the plates so we may have a set of plates redrilled and send them to you because then you can use the MakerSlide you have.

We have seen one case where even the new MakerSlide didn't work but I think that is because the holes were tapped on an angle or off center.

Whatever the final solution for your machine we will get you fixed up and your machine running as fast as possible.

Digitalmagic

Post by Digitalmagic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 am

ZachKaplan wrote:... Send an email to help at inventables dot com and we will figure out the best solution. We have been sending people a fresh set of MakerSlide. Last week Edward created a new hole pattern for the plates so we may have a set of plates redrilled and send them to you because then you can use the MakerSlide you have.
Thanks, Zach, email sent. Awesome support. Thanks!
s/o #650 - Wish my digits are ... magic!

dointhangs

Post by dointhangs » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:27 am

This batch with target of 50 was at 150 when I checked last night right before it was over, wow congrats!
Shapeoko #298, dual drive upgrade, acme z axis, open bed endplates and a slightly larger ("expanded desktop") work area!

jzatopa

Post by jzatopa » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:13 am

looks like the batch is closed, now the waiting begins. Any tentative shipping dates so far guys?

iconeo

Post by iconeo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Darn you inventables! I got an email saying my order had shipped so I opened it up and it was only the acrylic samples. Argh! So impatient...

bmxeroh

Post by bmxeroh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:53 am

Any news on ship dates for batch 4?