Shapeoko 3 Limit Switch Kits

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
veng1

Re: Shapeoko 3 Limit Switch Kits

Post by veng1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Of course it isn't symmetrical. It has a hole at one end to pivot and a slot at the other end to adjust for travel so it can be set with one hand to raise and lower the switch position and the other hand to tighten the screw. It is intentionally asymmetric for ease of use.

You can adjust it to be level but you might not get the maximum travel.

You can adjust it to have maximum travel but it might not be level. But depending on the switch used and the place you adjust it to, it will end up being close to level. It is on my machine. Tim just has it at the bottom of the travel.

Those funny looking slots at each end are in case you want to use a small tie wrap to hold the wires in place. Probably not necessary but they are there if you want them

TomDChi

Post by TomDChi » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:15 am

It's a great, straightforward way to make one piece and make it adjustable. I have a strange way of making fun of myself.

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Last night I ran off six of the new V2 Z limit mounts.

If you purchased a V1 kit and would like to upgrade to the new style Z mount I will send you one for free. It's an easy bolt-on swap and the existing Z limit switch and wire should be compatible.

Send me a PM with your address and I'll start sending them out.

New V2 kits should be available next week. I still need to take some photos and make a new assembly doc.
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Okay, this topic has gone to 13 pages. I'm going to lock it and will start a new one when the V2 kits are available.

The V2 limit switch upgrade offer still stands.

If you have questions or concerns about your V1 kit you can open a new thread or PM me.
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts