Shapeoko 3 Limit Switch Kits

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
jayftee

Re: Shapeoko 3 Limit Switch Kits

Post by jayftee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:19 am

twforeman wrote:. On the Shapeoko, the zero can be anywhere, as long as it's repeatable.
Yep true, but, depending on what board you will drive your SO3, the original homing precision might be of greater importance than you think.

I have a Smoothieboard on the bench right now, hooked with Nema 17 stepper, simply playing with configs. The smoothie firmware doesn't support work area coordinates so, if I pause or stop a print, I would need to replay or move the head to its real working place, and the only way I figured to do that, would be to home again, and move to the original working coordinates, which would not be 0,0.

Anyhow, you are right, once set, you're set :P
Proud creator of Ike:Core, a 1 cubic foot work area FDM 3D printer based on CoreXY
Shapeoko 3 #00947, Aluminum Bed, Prototype Z Carriage, Porter Cable 450, Min/Max limit switches, Z-Probe, PreciseBits 1/4 & 1/8 Collets, Super-PID v2, IC Dust Shoe

jayftee

Post by jayftee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:23 am

Oh, and I will add that, I am playing with alternatives boards, simply because there was mention of the Carbide software not working on "enterprise" version of Windows.

Being an MSDN subscriber, its all I have installed here. I could re-install a machine, but that would be a pain, and since Windows 10 will be out beginning of July for MSDN subscribers, I might upgrade to that, but won't downgrade to Windows 7 :D
Proud creator of Ike:Core, a 1 cubic foot work area FDM 3D printer based on CoreXY
Shapeoko 3 #00947, Aluminum Bed, Prototype Z Carriage, Porter Cable 450, Min/Max limit switches, Z-Probe, PreciseBits 1/4 & 1/8 Collets, Super-PID v2, IC Dust Shoe

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:40 am

You could run Universal G-Code Sender. It works great with the Carbide board. :)
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

Rdpowell2

Post by Rdpowell2 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:05 am

Do you have any Shapeko 3 limit switch kits made up? If not when could I order one?
Thanks,
Dean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Impossible is not an option!
Shapeko 3 #370, Feb 2015, Upgraded to XL Oct 2017

woodworkerbob

Post by woodworkerbob » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:11 am

Rdpowell2 wrote:Do you have any Shapeko 3 limit switch kits made up? If not when could I order one?
Thanks,
Dean
Add me to your customer list.

Thanks,
Bob
Shapeoko 3 - #13, dust deputy, precision collets, limit switches.
SVEMakerSpaces

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:07 am

Had a minor set-back on Thursday. Should be back up and printing parts on Monday I hope.

http://timf.anansi-web.com/wp/3d-printi ... teps-back/
Ender 3 3D Printer

Defy

Post by Defy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:28 pm

The woes of 3d printing. I ran out of plastic so i pulled out a new spool and now i have to dork with the temps again. Stringy 'but usable' prints.

Still dorking with the y pieces i put it on auto support and it went overboard.

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:05 pm

I print the Y pieces standing on edge. The little part that sticks out is to keep it from falling over. I also use painters tape and glue stick.

I'm your huckleberry...
Sent using Tapatalk
Ender 3 3D Printer

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:49 am

twforeman wrote:I print the Y pieces standing on edge. The little part that sticks out is to keep it from falling over. I also use painters tape and glue stick.
Oh, looking again at the your photo (on my computer and not my phone) I see that you are printing them standing up. Sorry.

I don't turn on any bridging and my printer does a pretty good job with the large hole.

Three questions spring to mind though:

1. Are you printing at a low enough temp?
2. Do you have a cooling fan?
3. Are you printing fast enough?

This is how I figured out the best temp:

Ender 3 3D Printer

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 am

As another note, the part I needed arrived today and I'm printing more parts. I should have some more kits later this week.

I do have a list of people who have asked for them and will work my way through it before I put more in my Etsy store.
Ender 3 3D Printer