Shapeoko 3 Probe & Limit Switch Kit

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
Fablicator

Shapeoko 3 Probe & Limit Switch Kit

Post by Fablicator » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:16 am

UPDATE: Here is an excellent overview and review of the kit by Winston Moy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_OctNyLmhI

I designed my own limit switch and conductive probing mounts which are really easy to install and use.

Mounting is simple with only 10 self tapping screws, and a color coded wire harness. I'm using fast-on connectors for the limit switches so the wires can be routed through cable protectors or energy chain if desired.

Each limit switch removes less than 3mm from the axis travel.

For the probing, I have a dual banana jack mounted above the Y- limit switch, which the included gator clips plug into.

I'll work up some mounting instructions in the next few days, but there isn't much to it.

I'v added the limit switch kits to my online store where there are a lot more pictures and details.

PDF Instructions for installing the kits and using the probe can be found here
Once an order is placed it should ship within a week. I can make 25 sets a week on my production printers, and only need to wait a few days if I would need more end stops or other misc parts.
Z+ Bottom View (small).jpg
Z+ Bottom View (small).jpg (47.76 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
Y- Assembly (small).jpg
Y- Assembly (small).jpg (45.84 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
Probing in process (small).jpg
Probing in process (small).jpg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
~Andrew
Last edited by Fablicator on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

CastIrony

Re: Shapeoko 3 Probe & Limit Switch Kit

Post by CastIrony » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:13 am

I really like the use of binding posts for the probe. I'll have to steal that for my switch brackets. :D
Shapeoko 3 #192 - Complete! Needs limit switches.

apspurgeon

Post by apspurgeon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:02 am

Hi Andrew

Looks good, how does the limit switches/probe work with Carbide motion, or would I need ot use different 'sender' software

rodcar125

Post by rodcar125 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:47 am

Do you know what would be the cost for the kit shipping to Mexico City? The country is not listed on the checkout page.
Thanks!

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Looks pretty good!
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

veng1

Post by veng1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:09 pm

I like how few wires flex when the carriage moves. I think that improves reliability although maybe it isn't really required as the motor leads and the Z-axis still flex.

Fablicator

Post by Fablicator » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:34 pm

veng1 wrote:I like how few wires flex when the carriage moves. I think that improves reliability although maybe it isn't really required as the motor leads and the Z-axis still flex.
Cant speak for the motor and Spindle wiring, but I'm using high count stranded wire for maximum fatigue life. I have yet to have a fatigue failure of this wire on other products which see over a million cycles.
rodcar125 wrote:Do you know what would be the cost for the kit shipping to Mexico City? The country is not listed on the checkout page.
Thanks!
Added the option to the store. 14.95 for shipping to mexico.
apspurgeon wrote:Hi Andrew

Looks good, how does the limit switches/probe work with Carbide motion, or would I need ot use different 'sender' software
I haven't tried it in carbide motion yet, but I will tonight. I assume it would work fine based on what I've heard from others, though you would have to manually send the homing and probing g-codes as it lacks those buttons.

Fablicator

Post by Fablicator » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:14 pm

First batch of kits has been shipped!

Is there any interest in an Home/probe (no X- or y-) kit?

It would be just enough to start from a known position but won't do much good if you exceed your axis travel.

heathenx

Post by heathenx » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:32 pm

That's a pretty nifty probing connection.
Shapeoko 3, #405 / Dewalt 611 w/Super PIDv2, limit switches

Byboth

Post by Byboth » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Nice kit. Any possibility of ahipping to norway, or should I just use a 3rd party carrier?