Shapeoko 3 Probe & Limit Switch Kit

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
AnonymousPerson

Re: Shapeoko 3 Probe & Limit Switch Kit

Post by AnonymousPerson » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:17 am

FargoPhil wrote:http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Touch_Plate_v2 This is pretty much the hardware setup I've got.
Cool. Wasn't sure if anyone would find that useful. Glad someone has. :)
Shapeoko 3 #516

Atonwa

Post by Atonwa » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:05 am

Added the official Carbide limit switches and the eBay probe this weekend. Used Will's Touch probe parts bought from Sparkfun and an eBay probe from China for $7 bucks shipped. It's like I have a whole new machine. Being able to home and set different work positioning systems is like leaving the dark ages.

Also upgraded from Carbide Motion to bCNC. I appreciate how easy Carbide Motion is to use for a beginner but having all the power of bCNC at your fingertips like Probe setup and WPS buttons just make it so easy to use. A live window preview of exactly what is cutting so I know where in the job I am is great to have too.

I recommend these upgrades to anyone that is looking for more precise control of their Shapeoko.
Shapeoko 3 #109
Routakit HD Beta #001

FabricatorCraig

Post by FabricatorCraig » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Wondering if anybody has received anything from Fablicator/Additive Aerospace? I decided to give the limit/probe kit a go to see what better features I could utilize as well as a printed electronics enclosure. I've even directly emailed the seller and haven't heard a peep back. Does anybody know how to alternatively reach out to this person?

Thanks!
-----------------Craig The Fabricator-----------------
SO1 - (1) Red Powder-Coat & (1) Non-Painted Steel
SO2 - (2) w/ lots of I.C. & other upgrades
SO3 - Serial #447

Shook

Post by Shook » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:49 pm

I purchased my limit switch kit from Additive Aerospace around Thanksgiving (black friday sale) and received it a few weeks later. I did ping him, but I don't recall if I used the web site contact or a PM here.

I know that when I did have questions about the limit switches I PM'd him here and he quickly responded.
Shapeoko 3 (#1107)

Fablicator

Post by Fablicator » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:28 pm

FabricatorCraig wrote:Wondering if anybody has received anything from Fablicator/Additive Aerospace? I decided to give the limit/probe kit a go to see what better features I could utilize as well as a printed electronics enclosure. I've even directly emailed the seller and haven't heard a peep back. Does anybody know how to alternatively reach out to this person?

Thanks!
Hi Craig,

Shoot me a PM, Not sure why but I've had a number of missed emails.

If anyone is having trouble getting a hold of me, please don't hesitate to send a repeat email.

All recent orders are either shipped, or shipping on Monday.

Shipping confirmation with tracking info should get sent when the label is created.

~Andrew

Fablicator

Post by Fablicator » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:47 am

I sent Winston Moy one of my kits to review, and he posted his findings earlier this week.
If you are on the fence about getting a limit kit, definitely check out the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_OctNyLmhI

GoSpeedRacer

Post by GoSpeedRacer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:27 am

Finally got around to installing your switch kit, it is amazing! I don't see any loss of travel and there was nothing to shift, file, adjust or tweak. Very very nicely made

I ended up with an XL conversion so the wiring wouldn't work for me but of course that wasn't what i originally purchased it to fit

Fablicator

Post by Fablicator » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:51 am

Great!

If you wouldn't mind, what are the proper wire distances for the XL? I've had a few requests for XL, but only have the standard version to measure myself.

~Andrew

GoSpeedRacer

Post by GoSpeedRacer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:42 am

Unfortunately since I'm not using the stock controller I don't have those measurements but since the controller is now on the left side....they are all waaaaay too short. I'll see if I can get a tape measure on it in the next couple days. I just extended it with some bulk cable so I didn't measure it

Fablicator

Post by Fablicator » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:12 am

For cyber Monday, the limit switch kits for original SO3's are on sale for 69.95 ($10 off) and the electronics enclosures are 24.95 ($10 off)
https://www.additiveaerospace.com/colle ... ccessories
SO3 Sale.png
SO3 Sale.png (93.19 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
If you are on the fence about upgrading your machine, this is a great time to buy as I almost never put things on sale.

~Andrew