Link for Misumi Canada?

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Link for Misumi Canada?

Post by WillAdams » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Anyone know how well Misumi ships to Canada? I'm not finding a link for that.

http://jp.misumi-ec.com/top/ only lists the Americas and USA?!?
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

jayftee

Re: Link for Misumi Canada?

Post by jayftee » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Hello,

I am in Quebec, and I have ordered many times from there:

http://us.misumi-ec.com/
Proud creator of Ike:Core, a 1 cubic foot work area FDM 3D printer based on CoreXY
Shapeoko 3 #00947, Aluminum Bed, Prototype Z Carriage, Porter Cable 450, Min/Max limit switches, Z-Probe, PreciseBits 1/4 & 1/8 Collets, Super-PID v2, IC Dust Shoe

fasteddy

Re: Link for Misumi Canada?

Post by fasteddy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Back in 2014 I jumped on their offer of first $150 on your order free, but found it to be a mixed bag. In the end Shipping was expensive, arrived in multiple packages over multiple days, and showed up incomplete. On top of that, after clarifying with them that I wouldn't be charged anything additional to get my missing part, they not only charged me for the brokerage fees, but followed it up by charging me a second time for the part.

I did eventually get that charge refunded, but had to swallow the additional brokerage/shipping cost. In the end I believe I paid a little less than $150 CAD for $150 US (though I think the CAD $ was trading much closer to par at that time) in parts due to the promotion, but it would've been prohibitively expensive otherwise. My understanding is that the process is a little better now, but I'm not sure that it's any cheaper. (Note: customer service was responsive and helpful throughout my experience, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a pretty poor first impression overall).