Azteeg G1 All-in-one CNC Controller

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
royco

Azteeg G1 All-in-one CNC Controller

Post by royco » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi Everybody,

Just a heads up for those waiting for their Shapeoko Mechanical kit to arrive. You can now pre-order the Azteeg G1 CNC controller for estimated shipping by the first week of October.

Summary of features:

Atmel Atmega328P Microcontroller with GRBL
FT231X USB chip
Three stepper drivers built in. Ti DRV8811( Currently testing DRV8818 chip for better thermal properties)
Microstep setting by jumpers.
Single 12-30V input supply
Wide input range switching 5V power supply for electronics
Support for 2 mosfet driven external relay for spindle control or something else.
Connections for Endstops/limit switches
Fast acting automotive blade fuse (5A)
2oz copper PCB, RoHS
Terminal Blocks for motor connections and option for push fit with crimped wire assembly

Pre-Order Link
http://www.panucatt.com/Default.asp

Email or PM with questions.

Will update with pics.

Thanks

royco

iconeo

Re: Azteeg G1 All-in-one CNC Controller

Post by iconeo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Eagerly awaiting mine. :|:razz:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Rhynier

Post by Rhynier » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Any updates on when the initial orders will ship? :)

Thanks,
Rhynier

royco

Post by royco » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:35 am

They are just a tad late because of the week long Chinese holiday. I'll post an update when the last of the parts come in.

Thanks

Rhynier

Post by Rhynier » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Excellent! I can't wait to try it out ... my ShapeOko is ready and waiting.

Thank you for the update.
Rhynier

Rhynier

Post by Rhynier » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:33 am

Any news on the Azteeg G1? Has anybody received theirs or heard from Panucatt in the last 2 weeks?

Thanks,
Rhynier

regressedEE

Post by regressedEE » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm

I've been wondering the same thing. The website says: "Estimated delivery is last week of September/1st week of October," so I'm getting a little worried. That being said, I also purchased my X3 controller from Roy and couldn't be more pleased with the quality or functionality. If anyone could make a quick post when they receive their G1 it would certainly help me feel a little less concerned.

royco

Post by royco » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I apologize for the lack of updates on the G1 because aside from the late blank PCBs, it went into "a lets rethink this again" mode. The G1 is a robust controller but a lot of thought has surfaced as to how it will fit into the grand schemes of things CNC and 3D printing. So I decided to stop the pre-orders of the G1. I started contacting those that ordered and offered alternative options. If you have not received anything from me yet please email me.

Ok so here are the options to those who pre-ordered.

1. Azteeg G1 - I can have the controller shipping in a week

2. Azteeg X1 + 3 SureStepr SD82B drivers. This is a more expensive option but I can eat the difference for the pre-orders. While a 3D printer controller, it also works as a CNC controller and people have used it with shapeoko( like the sanguinololu and RAMPS board). It changes the workflow as commonly used by shapeoko but I am currently getting GRBL ported to the X1. The advantages? 4 axis capability, LCD and SD printing when run with Marlin firmware, easy conversion to 3D printer plus many more. Ships in 2 days.

3. Wait some more for "something new"- I know this is the last thing you want but if you dont have your shapeoko yet and can wait til the end of November then I would highly recommend this. I cant get more info but I can assure you that it would be worth the wait.

If you need a refund instead please let me know too. Again I apologize for the long wait and lack of updates.

Roy

Josj

Post by Josj » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:16 am

This week I received my Shapeoko mechanical kit. I only ordered the mechanical kit since I already have a bunch of steppers, a power supply, and a Dremel. I can order an Arduino and a quad driver board from Sparkfun but the Azteeg G1 seems just a little less hassle and just as cost effective. Can you let us know if the Azteeg G1 is still going to be available or is there a better follow on coming? If so, when can we order and when would it be available for shipping?

royco

Post by royco » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 am

I am having a limited build of the basic modules to fulfill the pre-orders and just a bit of extra will be available before the larger run. Please check back by the first week of December, the units will be shipping by then.

It will be compatible with 0.8 GRBL including all the new pin outs and the stepper drivers got an upgrade as well.