Azteeg G1 All-in-one CNC Controller

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
VeDub

Re: Azteeg G1 All-in-one CNC Controller

Post by VeDub » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I got mine today....

Off to wire it up.

VeDub

Post by VeDub » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 am

Well everything is wired up and tested. Works nicely as described. I had to read up on grbl at little to set up my 0.9degree/step motors but other than that it was a nice product.

I'm waiting on my heat shrink before I permanently set up my ShapeOko out in the garage. I'll send some pictures maybe early next week.

One thing that might be an issue but maybe it wont be is the top shield prevents the chips from getting exposed directly to the air. Now forced cooling through the side is still doable, as there is some room. But after doing my Hello World print it was noticeably warm.

All in all nice product

royco

Post by royco » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:47 am

VeDub,

The design intent is to remove heat from the underside of the driver chip where its heat pad is. If you are using a heatsink it is advisable to place it at the bottom of the board. The board runs fine with 2Amps or less without a heatsink(gets to 65deg C). Get a heatsink with an adhesive or you can use the 2 holes to secure it. On the video on the link I used a copper bar I have lying around as heatsink bolted to the PCB. Try to avoid placing the heatsink on the top of the chip. Im trying to have a plate made that will attach to the bottom by screws so it will be easier to mount(heatsink + metal mount). I was planning to mount mine on the back plate of the shapeoko with a shroud or plastic enclosure.

When you start playing with it try using the 1/32 mstep + 0.9 motors just for kicks and see how it works for you. I have not tried it but should be interesting to see how it works out.

royco

regressedEE

Azteeg G1-328P Vref?

Post by regressedEE » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Roy, what multiplier should we use for Vref when setting current limits? Or asked another way, what is the value of the current sense resistor? Is it the same as for the SureStepr (Current Limit = Vref x 2.5)?

royco

Post by royco » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:34 pm

The Shunt is 0.1 Ohm.

I limit = Vref x 2

Jimmy0x52

Post by Jimmy0x52 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Just ordered mine - what is the lead time?

royco

Post by royco » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:34 am

@jimmy - about a week. Thanks

Cattmy

Post by Cattmy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:38 am

On the website it says preorder, but it seems people are ordering them. Which is correct? How long until it it back in stock?

Jimmy0x52

Post by Jimmy0x52 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 pm

royco wrote:@jimmy - about a week. Thanks

So I should get it next week? My motors and stuff got here today and I'd love to hook it all up and test it out next week.

datsunchris

Post by datsunchris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 am

I just wanted to post that I got mine and it works great. I hooked it up and ran GRBL Controller 3.3.3 and it worked without adjusting anything. For some reason the Z axis was inverted so i reversed the wires. Ran the hello world with a sharpie and it worked first try. Thanks for making it.
Chris