ShapeOko upgrades and accessories in the UK

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
cvoinescu

ShapeOko upgrades and accessories in the UK

Post by cvoinescu » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 pm

I set up a web store, store.amberspyglass.co.uk, with bits and pieces that are hard to find in the UK, cost an arm and a leg to deliver from the US, or are only available in large quantities. Over the next few days, I will list a few kits and bundles that I think ShapeOko owners could use. I already have the smooth idlers (useful if you're upgrading to dual-Y drive and you don't like the single-idler solution), MXL belt (you need some for dual-Y, or if you are enlarging the machine), and easier to use belt clamps. I am not offering V-wheels and eccentric spacers yet -- for those, please contribute to Baz's Ulule campaign. That campaign is also your best bet if you're in Europe and want Makerslide (and can wait six weeks or so).

The shop is only available in the UK at the moment, but I plan to add Europe as soon as I can figure out how to calculate shipping. In the meantime, if you're outside the UK and want something from the shop, email me and we'll figure it out.

Any suggestions for items or kits that I should offer?

Would anyone be interested in:
  • the standard Makerslide carriage plate;
  • Edward's new end plates;
  • The Delrin lead nut;
  • Nylon spacers;
  • 625-2RS bearings?
Also in the the store is my take on the ShapeOko mechanical kit, the "eShapeOko", the various bits of which having already arrived or being on their way to me. I'm adding more information, images and links, but it's a sweet kit if I can say so myself. You can order it now, but it won't be ready until the second week of October, give or take.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

cvoinescu

Re: ShapeOko upgrades and accessories in the UK

Post by cvoinescu » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Today I got my first order for an eShapeOko kit! :D
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

BrianH

Re: ShapeOko upgrades and accessories in the UK

Post by BrianH » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi cvoinescu,

I bought some aluminum plates to do what you are doing with the motor plates. Do have drawings uploaded somewhere?