Learn About BobCAD CAM Products

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
cvoinescu

Re: BobCAD CAM V24 Mill Standard & BobART For only $395!!!

Post by cvoinescu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

That's entirely a matter of Edward's policy. If he's happy with other companies advertising their products and services in this section, why would that upset you? I'm not saying BobCad is good, or worth the $$$, or anything like that. And I don't mind that you point out its shortcomings, or question their marketing practices -- in fact, I find that information useful and encourage it. But if you ban Al from posting here (as long as he's doing it reasonably infrequently, and doesn't post unsolicited "help" in the CAD/CAM Help section), where do you draw the line? Would you ban me for advertising the eShapeOko kit, a ShapeOko clone with some changes, made in the UK? Or ejs for selling his version of the buildlog.net arduino-compatible stepper shield, which we also carry in our store? Or baz for selling UK-made MakerSlide rail?
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

jimmybuckets

Post by jimmybuckets » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 pm

You are right in the respect that where do you draw the line. I just know the motivation for the people you mentioned are different to a large degree vs BobCads. Obviously there is no way to measure someones intention, so there is no way to decide who is who and what to do with them. That is why I like the idea of a "supporting vendor". They would pay to have their own sub forum and can put what ever they want in there and keeps it separate from the noncommercial makers. It doesn't have to take a lot of money, but it would require an amount of commitment that most leeches don't have. This way helps improve the site and helps share the burden of hosting cost, while keeping the good vendors supported as well and the bad ones to prey on someone else. There are GREAT companies out there that like Vectric who make a great product, make a profit, and care about helping improve the state of the Maker.

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 am

BobCAD CAM software is a commercial solution for programming cnc machines. It s used by shops all around the world and is very powerful. The reason why I am in this forum is to help people. Cad cam can be very complicated, even the free software.... there is a special promotion for the community that includes software and my support. If you feel like I haven't made my intentions clear or that I am here to prey on people you are mistaken.

I can not change the past, if you had a bad exsperiance know that I am here to help. I do participate in lots of forums, posting video links and how to's and helping people that use all kinds of cad cam software. Buildyourtools is one community I have a great following. There are a number of bocad users and we all help each other out. That's what I would like to see happen here.

There are many cad cam options out there, bobcad is just one of them. Maybe it s not the right software for you, maybe it is. Ill be here to answer questions and help you decide if it s the righ software for you or not. Pre or post order I ll be helping out posting threads creating videos running contest and more.
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

aldepoalo

Meet the BobCAD Team

Post by aldepoalo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 pm

All I see is a blank, white rectangle. I really, really hope that's not the BobCAD team. :D
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 pm

It looks like it is showing up now...
Last edited by aldepoalo on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

jimmybuckets

Post by jimmybuckets » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:24 pm

This is a no comment comment

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 am

Here is a quick video that shows our V25 software and how to use a wrapping group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U44gck7XKI4
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

galyion

Post by galyion » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 am

Great to hear all this stuff about bobcam. My brother is finishing up his 4x8 plasma cutter and bought bobcam with it. So I guess I'll be figuring it out and giving my review of it

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:38 am

What brand plasma did he get? If you need any help getting going let me know.
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.