Learn About BobCAD CAM Products

sell your stuff here
Forum rules
Only legal items and items related to CNC projects are eligible to be advertised through this forum. if your item for sale is deemed to be not fit for the forum it will be removed without warning by one of the moderators.
aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Sorry about that I didn't know my voice mail was full. It's empty now, so if you need to leave a message you can. If there are any other questions or anything I can help with please let me know.
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

aldepoalo

Re: BobCAD CAM V24 Mill Standard & BobART For only $149!!!!

Post by aldepoalo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:57 pm

We've had a few ordered from this community recently. I would hope these users will post their projects and what they've been able to machine with BobCAD.

Please know I am here to help with any questions that come up!
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

Jordf

Post by Jordf » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Hey al. I also have a plasma table how well does this program work for plasma cutting?

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Yes the BobCAD CAM Software works with, 2 and 3 axis CNC Mills, Routers, Waterjets and plasma machines.

Here is a video about plasma cutting with BobCAD:

V24

http://screencast.com/t/aVnhKlr2R

V25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIgCEanyvIU
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

aldepoalo

V26 Rotary Tool Path

Post by aldepoalo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I had a shapeoko member ask about the V26 and 4 axis cutting. Just so you guys know, once you purchase the $149 package you can upgrade to the current software at a discounted rate....

So this member had questions about 4 axis and what we offered. So I created this video showing how the V26 works for machining a statue. If there are any questions about the video or work flow please just reply back to this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crNS2QVEU-Q
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

aldepoalo

End of Year Special

Post by aldepoalo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Happy New Year Everyone! Well almost, there are just a few days left till 2014. So from now till the end of the year I have some very special promotion for the shapeoko community. So if you were thinking about CAD CAM, get a hold of me to find out more about this special offer.

866-408-3226 X147
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

1leonchen

Post by 1leonchen » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:00 pm

i am intrested in the bob cam software. can the software support limit switches. also does the software have a jog feature. can i engrave from this software. i use pvc and romark substrates only

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 pm

BobCAD is not controller software. You could use something like Mach3 for limit switch support, or hard limits... So i would look at that kind of software ( pc based controller software ) for those kinds of features.

What BobCAD does is provide a drawing package, tool path generator, simulation and posting... If you would like to do a web demo with me, I am sure I can answer all your questions.

Side Bar:

Here is a 3rd party review on the BobCAD software

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS18zvEY ... KdsQm2zTGg
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know this promotion is still active. I've had a few shapeoko members choose BobCAD recently and I am sure once they are up and running they will post their feed back.

On a different note, I really wish this community would accept me... There are so many threads I could start for CAD or CAM, work flow, how to's etc that I feel would really help the members in this community. I feel like I am stuck in the sales section because this community sees me only as a salesman... Maybe someday that will change.

If you have talked with me or worked with me, maybe you can report back to how I handled your account and help change the minds of this community. Help them realize I am here to help!
Al DePoalo
Partner Products Manager
866-408-3226 X147
BobCAD CAM, Inc.

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Hey Al. You are a member of this community, and you're not confined to the sales section by any means.

That said, here's where I think we stand on posting and starting threads by people who sell products. These aren't "official" rules; rather, they are the rules I try to follow myself when promoting my own products:
  • Answering someone else's question or request for information, be it about your products or not: always okay;
  • New thread asking a question yourself (a genuine request for help or information): always okay;
  • New thread showing off a project, build, mod etc. not related to the products you sell: always okay;
  • New thread showing off a project where your products have been used: okay as long as the focus is not on your products, but on what you're making. However, if the main purpose of what you're making is to demonstrate your products, that belongs to sales, or on your product's website;
  • Mentioning your product as a possible solution to a problem being discussed: okay, but in moderation;
  • New thread offering unsolicited demonstrations of usage or features of your product, tutorials, how-tos, and so on: not here. That kind of information should be on your product's website or in its user manual;
  • Promoting your product and linking to your website in your signature: okay, but keep it reasonably unobtrusive.
  • Promoting your product, linking to your website, news about releases, versions, features, prices: only in the sales section, and keep the frequency reasonably low.
I think the third-to-last bullet point has been contentious in the past, because you offered unsolicited "help" that read as an advert, or demonstration of your product, rather than making something useful in itself, or an answer to someone's question. However, you've been an excellent citizen in the recent past. I would love to see more contribution from you, but please let that not be infomercial-type threads. :)
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk