UGS Error - 1/4"-20 Threaded Insert Countersink Holes

MidCitySlim

UGS Error - 1/4"-20 Threaded Insert Countersink Holes

Post by MidCitySlim » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:11 am

I'm trying to drill countersunk holes in my SO3 MDF board for threaded inserts. 1/16" countersink, 1/2" depth, 21/64" diameter main hole. I used Fusion 360 for CAD/CAM, and used Generic GRBL for post processing.
CAD Threaded.jpg
CAD Threaded.jpg (17.86 KiB) Viewed 930 times
I successfully ran the code on a scrap piece of 1" thick wood in the middle of my SO3; it turned out perfectly. I'm now attempting to run the program on the SO3 MDF board, re-zeroing on the board where I want the insert (Max X-, Max Y+; just before my limit switches are activated). I start the code - the SO3 homes itself, returns to zero, then spits out a "queue" status:
UGS Error.jpg
UGS Error.jpg (133.48 KiB) Viewed 930 times
After the bottom command that isn't "sent" or "done", there is a laundry list of other commands that aren't executed. Initially, I thought there might be some Z- limit I'm not aware of, so I dropped the bit down an inch in the collet, and received the same error.

Here is the .nc file and link to Amazon for those who wish to use the same 1/4" 20 threaded inserts:
Threaded Insert Hole.nc
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KT ... ge_o04_s00

Any help is appreciated.

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: UGS Error - 1/4"-20 Threaded Insert Countersink Holes

Post by WillAdams » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:34 am

First thing to try is a different comm / control program: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _/_Control
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

MidCitySlim

Re: UGS Error - 1/4"-20 Threaded Insert Countersink Holes

Post by MidCitySlim » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm retarded. I thought about it last night, and I realized I was zeroing about 1mm from each X- and Y+ limit switch. Then, when the bore program ran on the larger countersink hole, it triggered one of the limit switches. I was thrown for a loop because it didn't go into alarm, but rather that quene status...