Estlcam 8.110

TomO

Estlcam 8.110

Post by TomO » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:21 pm

This version of estlcam came out last week. Since installing it I have had issues with scale (had no issues prior to). A 8"x10" sign is getting carved about 1/2" x 1/2" - tried it in mm and got the same results.

Any other estlcam users having similar issues with the latest update? I sent Christian an email just waiting on a reply.

I'm still learning so this could be on me! I really like this software it has worked great for my projects so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomO

Re: Estlcam 8.110

Post by TomO » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:25 am

Please disregard - it was 100% user error. Estlcam is a great cam program and I recommend it to everyone. Christian helped me figure out what I was doing wrong - sending g code in inches to carbide motion that requires mm.

Shook

Post by Shook » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:34 pm

I did a quick google search and found it at, but it looks like there's a fair amount content in German. Are the documentation and tutorials available in English or is the audience mainly German speakers?

$50 doesn't look like too much to spend. I haven't been completely happy with makercam or Fusion 360 and I'm still actively looking at alternatives.
Shapeoko 3 (#1107)

TomO

Post by TomO » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Docs and tutorials are all on the website. You can try the full version for free. I'm still learning and it is very user friendly.

Estlcam

Post by Estlcam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:15 am

Hi,
Shook wrote:I did a quick google search and found it at, but it looks like there's a fair amount content in German. Are the documentation and tutorials available in English or is the audience mainly German speakers?
You can select English as your language in the program. Estlcam is completely translated to English but a few German texts like e.g. unit names and some help boxes will remain until you restart the program.
Almost all functions show tooltip boxes with detailed explanations - just hover the mouse over it.

And there are a few video tutorials on my youtube channel:

There will be a few more videos soon - I've just received my Shapeoko 3 a few days ago.

If you have any questions just ask.

Christian
Estlcam CAM and Arduino UNO CNC controller: www.estlcam.com