bounced off after just like 15min?

Have a suggestion for the website or forum? Post it here.
dointhangs

bounced off after just like 15min?

Post by dointhangs » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 pm

I think this has happened to me a couple of times. I will write some text and if like more than 10-15min pass then I hit submit I find it has logged me off - the post is not posted and I lose my text and also have to upload pics again. I could have not clicked the "remember me to login automatically" box when logging in but I thought that was just for when you browse away from the forum and come back. I totally get that it should log us off after a couple of hours but it seems like the setting is a bit low?
Also just curious, I have seen these phpBB forums for a couple of different projects now. Pretty sweet. So its freeware but then if there are a lot of pics on their servers they start charging the owner, is that the deal?
Shapeoko #298, dual drive upgrade, acme z axis, open bed endplates and a slightly larger ("expanded desktop") work area!

cvoinescu

Re: bounced off after just like 15min?

Post by cvoinescu » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:40 pm

PhpBB is free and open source, not freeware. There are no limits to the number of posts or attachments or mods or anything like that. I think they make their money from support, and from selling hosted solutions (where they install and maintain the forum for you, on their servers).
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk