Assembly Instructions PDF / Scribus

Have a suggestion for the website or forum? Post it here.
WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Assembly Instructions PDF / Scribus

Post by WillAdams » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Okay, I've started pulling this apart / putting it together. Noted the following things:

- file is dated using pdflatex --- while I'm a big TeX fan/user isn't there a simpler way to do this? If not, anyone know why Scribus isn't finding my MacTeX install?
- shapeoko_logo.png --- this is only 302 x 66 pixels, so is quite low in resolution --- do we have a source file, or instructions / specs for re-creating it as vector?
- Shapeoko_Cover.eps is actually a pixel image --- why wrap it up in PostScript unnecessarily? Would it not be possible to get a nice vector out of whatever file created the image?
- openhardwarelogo.bmp --- Okay to replace that w/ http://oshwlogo.com/logos/ohw-logo-adjusted-kerning.svg ?
- I think we should synch up the pagination w/ the page numbers on the wiki --- that'd mean that the cover won't be Page 1 (will set it to ``i'' if there're no objections)
- obviously it needs to be expanded all the way out to page 19 (plus troubleshooting to get to 20?)
- text is in discrete boxes as opposed to being placed from an external file and threaded --- my choice would be to have a basic word-processing or tagged text file for the text which Scribus could easily import, that way one could tweak the text w/o having to get all of Scribus --- or am I being too formal?

Anyone have any other thoughts / comments?
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)