End mill selection section

Have a suggestion for the website or forum? Post it here.
danimal

End mill selection section

Post by danimal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:43 pm

I know that there is a section in the wiki for endmills, but I often have questions about different endmills from different manufactures so it would be nice to have end mill information consolidated somewhere on the forum. Unless I am missing something. I see that there is a sticky for usefull links that includes some endmill selection as well as calculators for milling different materials, but it would be nice to have a section just devoted to mills that people are using so that we can cross reference applications of different mills.

Also as a side bar it might be a good idea to create a buyer intel section. This section would be specifically designated for commonly used items from established retailers. Say for example if I found Dewalt 660's on sale for $20 I would post the link in that section for people to see knowing that it was a temporary promotion. Same thing with a good deal on an ebay item. I do not think that it is appropriate to post those items in the for sale section and I think that it would just cause confusion, but I would love to know if someone out there found an awesome deal on a quality assortment of endmills from a trusted source!
Shapeoko # 1458

RT0701C Spindle || dual y motor || x axis nema23 with custom carriage 1000mm length || z axis nema23 linear rail upgrade with 1/2-10 ACME