Maximum uploaded Picture Size

Have a suggestion for the website or forum? Post it here.
MeanderBolt

Maximum uploaded Picture Size

Post by MeanderBolt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:31 pm

I am not sure how the forum is set for storage space, but Is is possible to increase the uploaded picture file size. The 250k is quite restrictive. Or along a similar note, is there any functionality in the forum software, to scale an image. There are so many times where I will just snap something with my cell phone and try to upload it. But the forum gives me the nastygram. So, I stop, load it into Photoshop, scale it and reduce the jpeg quality until it is proper, then try again. While this is not a major issue, I have found that I wait until I have a bunch to do and do them all at once vs. placing a more regular stream. The reason this comes up, is that I just tried out the projects page and it did not have the same restriction on the image.

Thoughts? Feelings? Is it even possible?
Shapeoko 2 # 3569 - DW660
Current tool chain > Draftsight > CamBam > ChiliPeppr
Build log

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Maximum uploaded Picture Size

Post by WillAdams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Those are two reasons why I just upload images to the wiki instead --- one can then pick and choose a resolution from a number of options.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

RobCee

Post by RobCee » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Will, how do you upload them to the wiki?
I did fish around for a bit to try to see, but couldn't find a way

RC - Tapatalk
ShapeOko2 #3400 - Chinese 800W AC Spindle - Stiffened X-Axis - TR10 Z-Axis - Inverted Z Motor - Hall Effect Limits - Drag Chains & Custom Brackets

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Go to the wiki, disclose the ``Toolbox'' Section to get to the``Upload a File'' link: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Special:Upload
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:59 pm

You can also upload them to imgur.com and it will give you a bbcode link to embed. That's what I usually do. The Large Thumbnail size is 800 x 600 I believe and it will link to the full sized photo.

Edited to answer the original question: There is no issue with storage for the images, but it's kind of rude to put an image that is larger than 800 pixels wide into a forum post.
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts