Chinese Spindle - Windows control program for Huanyang VFD

GilchristT

Chinese Spindle - Windows control program for Huanyang VFD

Post by GilchristT » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi all.

Following the extremely useful thread started by forgottenCNC I ordered myself one of these spindles.

While I eventually hope to upgrade to MACH3 and use the Huanyang plugin that's available, I decided to make my life a bit easier in the interim and write my own spindle controller app to avail of the RS485 (kinda) interface on the inverter that is sold alongside these spindles.

I'm releasing a beta version of the app and the accompanying source code (Visual C#, .NET 4.0) into the wild with less testing than I normally would because I'm heading off on hols for a month :D

See below for some screenshots. If anyone is interested the app and/or source code can be downloaded from https://github.com/GilchristT/SpindleTalker2/releases. There is a bit more detail on the app at that URL as well.

I'd love to hear any feedback, thanks

Tommy
Gauges.png
Main screen
Gauges.png (63.86 KiB) Viewed 2246 times
SerialTerminal.png
RS485 terminal
SerialTerminal.png (67.57 KiB) Viewed 2246 times

GilchristT

Re: Chinese Spindle - Windows control program for Huanyang V

Post by GilchristT » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Doh! Already spotted a bug :oops:

The font I used for the guages screen isn't a standard Windows font and the font size is wrong if you don't have it installed.

I'll work on that but, in the interim, if you want to install the font I used, it's "Digital 7". Just Google "digital 7 font" for a number of download locations or here for the creator's page Digital-7

edited - Included SevenStyle URL

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Re: Chinese Spindle - Windows control program for Huanyang V

Post by BLAHBLAHBLAH » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Thats pretty cool. How did it turn out? And is the spindle still ticking?