Quiet Cut Spindle take apart and review

Re: Quiet Cut Spindle take apart and review

Postby Glenncd » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:40 pm

Thank You Have a Great Day
Glenncd

Postby Hans » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:18 pm

For what it's worth, the knockoff Dremel tool wasn't a shining star among spindles. I wouldn't be surprised if people saw that and made assumptions about the rest of the machine based on it. For the original machine, as-shipped, they wouldn't be wrong either.
Shapeoko #1,123
Hans

Postby WillAdams » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:37 pm

It was the only way to hit the original $300 pricepoint goal --- that has since come crashing up against the inexorability of physics and the human desire for bigger and better.

I wish this whole transition had been better handled and that there was something available in-between the SO2 and SO3 --- unfortunately, AFAICT, even halving the SO3's extrusions wouldn't save a significant amount of money or reduce shipping costs --- the SO3 has shifted into a new / different class of machine, and the way to bridge the gulf is to sell / repurpose an SO2 and buy an SO3.

That said, the basics are still the same, so hopefully the community won't fracture / divide further.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)
WillAdams

Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Postby Bob8567 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:05 pm

here is my 400W spindle after 30-50 hours of light work

there is so many flaws in the design . i don't even know where to start

stay away from this junk and don't waste your time and money on it. unless you are willing to completely disassemble the whole thing piece by piece before you even try it to plug in. seal all holes, install good quality bearinggs and willing to spend some extra money on specialty tools that you will need .
Bob8567

Postby paulctan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Would you recommend any other spindle instead? I see a lot of the Chinese 1.5KW spindles with VFD for sale at aliexpress. Do you have any experience with them?
Paul Tan
Exadler Technologies Inc.
http://www.exadler.com
paulctan

Previous

Return to Mini Spindles - Purchased