400 watt brushless spindle and controller

dagert

Re: 400 watt brushless spindle and controller

Post by dagert » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:41 pm

This is the link I received for the manual:

http://www.divshare.com/download/26845576-b4c

I've wired my spindle up according to the manual and it appears to be working correctly with the internal resistor. Next step, PWM!

sdumond

Post by sdumond » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:59 am

If anybody wants to post their email address here, I will be more than glad to send the manual.

The controller has HU,HV,HW, instead of HA,HB,HC, but it is the same hierarchy. The wires you sent are correct color coding.

sdumond

Post by sdumond » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:52 am

Well I give up on this! I have looked at the manual and tried to hook up the pwm on tinyg the way it looks like the manual shows to no avail. I have tried the dip switches to use the the speed controller on the drive and it still doesn't work. Tried the dip switches in every configuration. In the manual it shows two wires going from the controller to rotational speed output. Have no idea what that is. I cannot get the spindle to work at all.

ThatOtherGuy435

Post by ThatOtherGuy435 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 pm

FWIW, I got exactly the same manual as dagert. Here is a link to it on Mega, just in case the divshare link dies: https://mega.co.nz/#!8EhAlAzL!AAlP3gAia ... S9hIdrzGhU

Also, I haven't been able to get mine working. It immediately lights up ERR/ALM. Any electronics savvy folks have ideas on how to test to see if the controller is just cheap crap that is DOA or if the motor is in fact locked up? The rotor spins freely.
ShapeOko1 #??? - 1000mm Dual-drive Y, Double X, S2 gantry motor plates, ACME Z-Axis.

dagert

Post by dagert » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:27 pm

In order to get the spindle to turn, I had to jumper EN to GND, and to get it to turn clockwise DIR to GND. I haven't tried PWM yet.

sdumond

Post by sdumond » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:52 pm

I see in the schematics where it shows a jumper from en to gnd, But I see no connection to the dir. In fact it looks like a switch for the negative pwm connection to the dir terminal. In all the different options for control, why would they not just jumper the en and gnd internally? Did you just experiment jumpering the dir and gnd terminals to get the right rotation? It is ridiculous that there is not better instructions. I will go home tonight and try jumpering it. Let me know if you guys learn anything else.

dagert

Post by dagert » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:18 pm

I was also confused when I first hooked up the spindle and it would not move. After a fair amount of searching in the manual I found the note that says that the controller will error unless EN is pulled to ground. I guess I can see this as being useful for an external controller board to determine when to start the spindle. I confess that when I did get it spinning, I checked the direction and found it spinning counter-clockwise. Just above the note on EN is the note on DIR - pull to ground to turn clockwise.

sdumond

Post by sdumond » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:27 am

I jumpered en to ground to see what would happen, and with dip switches set to regulation inside, as I turn the the regulation knob up, it will start to spin, buzz and then quit. If I repeat turning the regulation knob it will start the process all over again. I double checked the wires from the spindle to the controller and they are right. I jumpered sir to ground and nothing happens. I guess there is something wrong with it.

sdumond

Post by sdumond » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:23 am

So Dagert, You hooked the wires from the spindle to the controller like they are pictured in the manual, and then put a jumper from the en terminal to the ground terminal and used the dip switches to have spindle speed from the controller. Then found out it was running counter clockwise and took the wire from the ground terminal and run it to the dir terminal and the spindle ran clockwise? I s this the way you hooked it up? This is the way I hooked it up and the spindle barely run in the middle of the switch and kind of vibrates. It must be defective.

dagert

Post by dagert » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:59 pm

Yes. Motor wired up to match diagram in manual. Two jumpers, EN to GND and DIR to GND. Works on the RESIN setting. I did have some issues with poor contact between the wires and screw terminals with wires coming loose but once I corrected that it seems to operate correctly.