Spindle recommendations for SO3xxl

SO3xxlTRM2018

Spindle recommendations for SO3xxl

Post by SO3xxlTRM2018 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to cnc routing, haven't purchased machine yet. Will be purchasing Shapeoko 3 xxl before 2019. Carbide 3d tech support has been very helpful answering my many questions. However, they suggested I ask you all about spindles for SO3xxl. I will set machine up with PC 450 to ensure it works correctly (C3D Tech suggestion) and then purchase spindle and controller.

I would like to know if anyone can recommend "good" Air Cooled Chinese spindle and controller. "Good" means use /used one yourself for years with no problem and you would recommend to your best friend, know someone who is very hard to please and used one for years with no problems.

Chinese b/c I can only spend $500 or less for spindle and some kind of controller. I would prefer less than $500. I am thinking SuperPID ($155) for controller but do not know if that is best way to go or how to hook it up. Goal is to run spindle from computer. I cannot find a multitude of reviews good or bad on the internet. I have spent hours looking.

Watts: Nothing less than 1kw, would like 1.5kw. 2.2kw is out of the question. C3D tech said that will likely exceed weight limit of gantry and z axis.

Please advise.