Tool Changes

CheifAKJ

Tool Changes

Post by CheifAKJ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:34 am

I have ran into a problem that I cannot seem to find a solution for. On three different projects now I have programmed my Shapeoko 3 to do a tool change in the middle of my project. (Starting off with the V-Carve and finishing with the #111 bit) and when the machine stops and calls for the tool change! it stops right over the top of my project! I can’t get the bit out of the collet nor can i get the new bit in the collet to finish the project. As a result I don’t do the change which sucks or i have to move the router which in turn throws my zero off and the router doesn’t finish the way i programmed it. How do i fix this? Can i program it in carbide create to move to the homing position? Can i jog the router out of the way? Any advise would be useful. I would call carbide 3D but I’m in Hawaii and if i don’t call before 10AM then their closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Tool Changes

Post by WillAdams » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:52 pm

You either need to edit the file to move to where you want to do the tool change or use discrete / separate files, see:

http://docs.carbide3d.com/tutorials/tool-change/
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)