Proxxon IB/E

Aaron Seltzer

Re: Proxxon IB/E

Post by Aaron Seltzer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 am

madmike88 wrote:So, how long did it last? Do you think that the Dewalt would have stood up better?

Thanks

Mike
I have been running for a couple of months, mostly weekends, on HDPE, UHMWPE, acrylic, and various woods. Rarely for more than a few hours at a time. This weekend, doing aluminum, I was cutting for maybe 6 hours straight. Then dead.

Not sure if the Dewalt will be better, but I expect it will be, and it is cheaper. To bad my local Home Depot and Lowes and McGuckin don't stock it anymore. Ordered it online from Amazon. The large motor should be better, but the noise may force me to move the Shapeoko out of the house.

I will try the warrantee thing, as I like the tool, at least for hand held work.

madmike88

Post by madmike88 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 am

Thanks for the response. I had just picked up a proxxon. Might grab a Dewalt too..

Aaron Seltzer

Post by Aaron Seltzer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 pm

A quick update. Dewalt showed up, and is now cutting 1/2" aluminum stock, at a much more aggressive pace than I did the Proxxon. Much more powerful. But much, much louder. Family is not happy with sound, but the tool is solid. Unsure of longevity.

--ajs