Help with Shapeoko3 and Lightburn software!

Help with Shapeoko3 and Lightburn software!

Postby franazzo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Is there anybody out there with a Shapeoko 3 and with a Lightburn laser software?
I need help to reverse from laser burning back to using the CNC router!

I installed the software and used it for awhile just to try it out and it worked fine. However, now I am trying to get the machine back to the CNC router and I have a problem with the Z Axis. It won't work like it is supposed to. My question is - do I have to set the machine back to factory reset in order to use the CNC router?
Thanks
franazzo

Re: Help with Shapeoko3 and Lightburn software!

Postby RoguePirin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 pm

I don't use Lightburn, but I checked their support documentation. It looks like using Lightburn requires you to change the Shapeoko's origin position. When you are done, you need to revert that change to use your Shapeoko as a CNC machine again. Check out the support page:

https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/Documentation/blob/master/CommonGrblSetups.md#shapeoko
Shapeoko 3 #677, Nyloc nuts, ¾" HDPE base with t-nuts, Dewalt 611 w/Super PIDv2
RoguePirin

Re: Help with Shapeoko3 and Lightburn software!

Postby franazzo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:24 am

RoguePirin wrote:I don't use Lightburn, but I checked their support documentation. It looks like using Lightburn requires you to change the Shapeoko's origin position. When you are done, you need to revert that change to use your Shapeoko as a CNC machine again. Check out the support page:

https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/Documentation/blob/master/CommonGrblSetups.md#shapeoko

Thank you very much, I will give that a try!
franazzo

Return to Other - (etchers, drag knifes, lasers)