has anyone used this product?

dittoman

has anyone used this product?

Post by dittoman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Hi all,

I am needing a drag knife. There is the $250 one that I know is good, but has anyone used this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drag-knife-for ... 2571472084
?

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: has anyone used this product?

Post by WillAdams » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:39 pm

I bought one when they were first made available and have been quite impressed by it and the engineering of it --- spins wonderfully smoothly (which is an improvement over my 3D printed design), holds the blade quite securely (but requires a bit more fiddling than my design --- hopefully I'll get the hang w/ a bit more practice).

No experience with the Donek though, so can't directly compare.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

dittoman

Post by dittoman » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks!

I'm also looking at the Dog River tools one which is more similar to the Donek in design but half the price.Anyone with experience with that product I'd appreciate a brief review...

dittoman

Post by dittoman » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Maybe it will help to describe my primary use, and anyone who has suggestions about a product, I'd appreciate that.

I am an organbuilder and will be primarily cutting a felt-leather composite (layer of polyester felt glued to a layer of thick sheepskin) total thickness 1/4, felt and leather about equal thickness in the glued-up sheets.
I will be primarily cutting circles ranging from 3/4" diameter to 3" diameter.