How to Update settings?

Discussion of tinyG control platform
JRDM

Re: How to Update settings?

Post by JRDM » Sat May 10, 2014 3:50 pm

And I just hit another "gotcha". I entered all the parameters in mm, but the board was in inch mode. The Wiki page for setting up TinyG for ShapeOko didn't mention that little detail.

f*ck!

dataway

Post by dataway » Sat May 10, 2014 4:10 pm

I am just going through my setup for my tinyG and have it all wired in and when starting tgfx I found that it supports profiles now and has a default Shapeoko with a single Y motor axis setup and a Dual Y motor axis setup. In tgfx you just load up the profile for your machine and it sets all the parameters for you automatically, now I am just going through them and tweaking the settings for accuracy. Hopefully today I will be making my first cuts with my new setup.
Shapeoko 2, Dewalt DW660 1/4" shaft/ 1/8" shaft, 3D printed Dust Shoe,Dual Y Axis.

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Sat May 10, 2014 6:17 pm

JRDM wrote:And I just hit another "gotcha". I entered all the parameters in mm, but the board was in inch mode. The Wiki page for setting up TinyG for ShapeOko didn't mention that little detail.
I'm thinking, type $$, copy the output, switch to mm mode, and paste the settings.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

JRDM

Post by JRDM » Sun May 11, 2014 2:08 am

cvoinescu wrote:
JRDM wrote:And I just hit another "gotcha". I entered all the parameters in mm, but the board was in inch mode. The Wiki page for setting up TinyG for ShapeOko didn't mention that little detail.
I'm thinking, type $$, copy the output, switch to mm mode, and paste the settings.
Hmm.

I don't know what happened, but somehow the numbers & units ended up getting saved correctly.

desks791

Post by desks791 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:19 am

Hi,
I have a Shapeoko2 upgraded to Nema 23 stepper (from Inventables) on X, Y and Z axis(Z axis ACME upgrade from Improbable Construct), I am using TinyG with TGFX, does anyone know what is the setting configuration for TGFX?

I am trying to assemble a E stop from Inventables, does anyone know where i can find the detail wiring diagram for installing the E stop with TinyG?