My first time milling a PCB

My first time milling a PCB

Postby rodcar125 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi, just wanted to show you a video where I mill my first PCB. This has been a a great experience and learned a few things in the way.
I used chilipeppr to do the auto leveling and while I was able to use the feature, had some problems at first.

The First thing is that the board was more deflected than I thought, so the settings box where you select the start probe distance had to be changed 2 or three times having to restart the hole process. Likewise, the max negative distance was to small at first so when a probing point exceeds that the process fails and have to restart all over. My suggestion here is to go with safe values. For example, ! ended using a safety height of 2.5mm and start probing at 2mm with a max negative proving distance of 1.5mm This ensures me that the process wont fail and even dough itll take a bit more time for a normal run, it will save me time in the case I have to repeat the probing process 3 times!

Another thing I found about the probing process is that the GUI is heavy for the browser. About two times my browser crashed and some others the S3 stopped probing. What I ended up doing was disabling the 3D viewer until the auto level process completed and then run the auto leveled gcode which i had no problems at all.

Overall It went great and achieved awesome results with no broken paths and the PCB worked at the first try so im more than happy bout it.

rodcar125

Re: My first time milling a PCB

Postby andreypeng » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:22 am

Very interesting and professional Video.

There is 3D PCB printer now, new technology for PCB. You can buy one if need lots of PCB prototype.

See here please: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vo ... ng-machine
www.syspcb.com, PCB manufacturing
andreypeng

Postby bharbour » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Wow...nice video and nice work too!!! I've done one PCB on my SO2 with good results. I didn't use probing though...that's next.
Currently building a machine of my own design...
http://deltaguitarworks.tumblr.com
bharbour

Postby chopra » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:57 am

Interesting and proficient Video.

There is 3D PCB printer now, a new innovation for PCB. You can get one if need heaps of PCB model. Interesting and proficient Video.

There is 3D PCB printer now, a new innovation for PCB. You can get one if need heaps of PCB model.
chopra

Return to PCB Fabrication