Updating CarbideMotion 2.2 (SP3), from Grbl .9 to 1.1

Discussion about the arduino based g-code interpreter, grbl
Chris314

Updating CarbideMotion 2.2 (SP3), from Grbl .9 to 1.1

Post by Chris314 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Okay, I have an older Shapeoko3 that operates on a Carbide Motion 2.2 board with GRBL 0.9g, that I would like to update to GRBL 1.1. Using OSX I downloaded the Carbide GRBL Updater (http://carbide3d.com/dl/v4/CarbideGrblUpdaterMac.zip), and expanded the zip.

After running the Carbide updater it asks me to depress the Z Axis limit switch and hit update, and so I do, however the the updater fails telling me that I did not press the switch, or that I released it too early.

Steps I've taken:
- I've confirmed that the wiring is good with my multimeter. I can depress the z axis limit switch and then see continuity at the back of the limit switch, also at the limit switch wiring harness where it plugs into the board.
- Placed a jumper over the Z axis Limit switch pins.
- I tried pressing the reset button found on the Carbide Motion 2.2 board instead of pressing the z axis limit switch.
- The homing sequence found in Carbide Motion 3 works as expected.

What are the next steps? Update via the Arduino IDE? Anyone else encounter this?

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Updating CarbideMotion 2.2 (SP3), from Grbl .9 to 1.1

Post by WillAdams » Sun May 03, 2020 12:35 pm

I believe this older board requires that you hold "Prog" instead.

If you haven't yet, contact support@carbide3d.com and we'll do our best to work this out.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)