??? Inverted ???

Discussion about the arduino based g-code interpreter, grbl
kerrycorcoran

??? Inverted ???

Post by kerrycorcoran » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:26 am

I've wired all items up per the Wiki, but still not getting the desired results; all Axis are backwards. I have upload 08.c to GRBL, same results.

I have read the forum threads about inverted and backwards printed - did not resolve my issue.

This is the most current kit. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by kerrycorcoran on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: ??? Inverted ???

Post by WillAdams » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:44 am

Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

kerrycorcoran

Post by kerrycorcoran » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:50 am

Tried changing wires, etc.

Finally got it to step in the proper direction. The Wiki is not current in regards to what setting to change; states 7 - in this version of code it's 6.

Anyway, finally got it and now trying to figure out how best to attach my pen to the Z axis.

Taking some good notes of stuff for a "newbie" to review. :)

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Any one of these changes will reverse the direction:
  • swap the two wires of the first pair;
  • swap the two wires of the second pair;
  • swap the two pairs between them.
If you make two of those changes (e.g. swap the wires in both pairs), the motors will change direction twice, that is, they'll continue to turn in the same direction. If you make all three changes (i.e. reverse the order of the wires in the connectors), the motors will turn backwards. Of the 24 ways of connecting four wires to four terminals, four turn in one direction, four in the other direction, and sixteen don't work. I'm always of the opinion that it's best to wire the motors so that they turn in the right direction with the default settings. That way, you don't have to mess with them when you upgrade to a new version with incompatible settings.

You're right about the wiki. Technically, the wiki is correct, because it discusses GRBL 0.7x; but that version is out of date. In GRBL 0.8x, it is indeed $6.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

kerrycorcoran

Post by kerrycorcoran » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:53 am

She's traveling in the proper direction, however I just ordered the Dual Y Kit...hoping I don't burn something in the process of wiring that up ;)

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 am

Check this topic, where we posted some diagrams (I like mine better than the other guy's). It has some links to older topics on the same topic (dual Y, and whether to wire it serial or parallel).
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

kerrycorcoran

Post by kerrycorcoran » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 am

cvoinescu wrote:Check this topic, where we posted some diagrams (I like mine better than the other guy's). It has some links to older topics on the same topic (dual Y, and whether to wire it serial or parallel).
Already have that link saved and ready to review once the new parts arive :)