Getting Help (please read first)

Discussion about the arduino based g-code interpreter, grbl
admin
Site Admin

Getting Help (please read first)

Post by admin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:24 pm

GRBL is the arduino based g-code interpreter found accompanying most Shapeoko setups. Before asking any questions please be sure to read the wiki page on the topic. There is a ton of useful information that will more than likely answer any entry level questions.

With that said, if you've read the wiki page and your question is not answered, POST IT here! There's a whole community of users willing to help.

Wiki page can be found here: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Grbl

AtomSoft

Re: Getting Help (please read first)

Post by AtomSoft » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 am

Ok i just found this:
http://noblesque.org.uk/ShapeOko/grblcalc/

But whats the pitch?
Blog / Store
Live to Love, Not to Hate.
You're not a failure because you don't make it, you're a success because you tried.
Do you like the help i give? Think i deserve a tip? DONATE

edwardrford

Post by edwardrford » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:06 am

mxl belting is .08" pitch.

-Edward
Shapeoko 1 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 2 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 3 #2 - Stock

WRD

Post by WRD » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Need Help!

My g-code sender is not communicating with Arduino uno when I give it commands. I followed the instruction at the wiki site and nothing happens. I have Windows 8 and Arduino its recognized/working correctly. This topic took me to the Xloader and its been uploading Grbl08 basic file for a while.

What am I missing?

WRD

Post by WRD » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:32 pm

THE XLoader didn't work but I found the Arduino uploader that did...or so I thought. The command promote window closes to quickly to see if its successful or not. When I go back into the g code sender, it beeps and nothing happens.

AngusF

Post by AngusF » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Please start a new topic. This thread is just a guide to go look at the existing help.
I would also suggest that you include me information about your setup. You really haven't given us anything to work with.

sweetv13

Post by sweetv13 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:10 am

Well I have been trying to connect the arduino with the g code sender and nothing happens. I had upload the grbl via x loader to the arduino and then blink the arduino and orange light blinks. Which is suppose to be ok but then I open the g code sender and nothing happens. I put open in the program and nothing. Not even an error just nothing. Cant figure out whats wrong. Did I dO something wrong? PLEASE HELP