Grbl v1.1e released!

Discussion about the arduino based g-code interpreter, grbl
Schruminator

Re: Grbl v1.1e released!

Post by Schruminator » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:15 pm

I can't wait to get it loaded on-- thank you guys so much for your work, I truly appreciate how you've helped make my machine more capable from revision to revision.
1.8m x 1.0m SO2 #3638 / Vectric Aspire / ACME Z-axis / View my photography at http://www.mschrum.com

cozmicray

Post by cozmicray » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:42 pm

How do I adjust feed speed?

Can I set the speed of X, Y when I want to move the system in manual

Seems "F" gcode doesn't change speed
max rate, acceleration set high

How do I set speed, X, Y when I manualy move the system?

:?:

LTEPM

Post by LTEPM » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:50 am

Thanks for your work on the new version. I am going to attempt to connect my Super PID to my SO3 soon using the CM board.

Will there be any change to the PWM pin on the CM board?

How does the Spindle on/off work when the speed is set below the minimum RPM?

Thanks
C

RoguePirin

Post by RoguePirin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:03 pm

LTEPM wrote:How does the Spindle on/off work when the speed is set below the minimum RPM?
The Super PID has a minimum of 5000 RPM, regardless of the value you feed it via the PWM (not sure what happens if you feed it 0).

*Edit* The Super PID has a separate input signal for on/off vs PWM. If you are using the Carbide Motion Controller to set both on/off and PWM, then the spindle will not turn off if you set an RPM of 100; it will run at 5000 RPM.

If you are only sending the PWM signal from the Carbide Motion Controller, then:
  • If you connect the PWM signal to the PWM of the Super PID, then the spindle will not turn off if you set an RPM of 100; it will run at 5000 RPM.
  • If you connect the PWM signal to the on/off of the Super PID, then the spindle will turn on when you set the RPM to 0, and turn off when you set it high (like 10,000 RPM). Some people do this if they just want on/off control by the software, and they use the speed control on the top of the router for RPM setting. If you want it to be the opposite, you will need to invert the signal before it reaches the Super PID because the Super PID expects the on/off input to be tied to ground for ON.
If you want to have the Carbide Motion Controller control both the on/off and RPM, you will need to recompile your GRBL and reflash your board. I outlined the changes I made to do this here.
Shapeoko 3 #677, Nyloc nuts, ¾" HDPE base with t-nuts, Dewalt 611 w/Super PIDv2

LTEPM

Post by LTEPM » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:44 pm

RoguePirin wrote:
If you want to have the Carbide Motion Controller control both the on/off and RPM, you will need to recompile your GRBL and reflash your board. I outlined the changes I made to do this here.
That is my ultimate goal in the end. Thanks for sharing the compilation information.

I also noticed that v1.1e supports coolant, is this controlled via the PWM pin or diferent pin?

Thanks
C

RoguePirin

Post by RoguePirin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:57 pm

LTEPM wrote:I also noticed that v1.1e supports coolant, is this controlled via the PWM pin or diferent pin?
Sorry, I don't know.
Shapeoko 3 #677, Nyloc nuts, ¾" HDPE base with t-nuts, Dewalt 611 w/Super PIDv2

chamnit

Post by chamnit » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:35 pm

The pin configuration is the same as in v0.9. The only difference is the default PWM frequency has been lowered from 7.8kHz to about 1kHz to work better with lasers. Output voltages and duty cycles are the same, just the frequency is altered and can be set back in cpu_map.h by uncommenting and comment a couple of lines. AFAIK, it should affect how Super PID works, but I don't own one.

Coolant pins operate the same exact way. Just on/off IO.

LTEPM

Post by LTEPM » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to recompile and flash next week.

kwixson

Post by kwixson » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 am

Help! Just flashed Grbl v1.1 to my Shapeoko 2 and now the X and Y axis steppers do a jiggle-boogie but don't operate correctly at all. The z axis motor works fine. Everything worked before upgrade, and manipulating the tim pots didn't help. Using bCNC as host controller.