homebrewing stir plate

Share your Shapeoko created projects!
atrueresistance

homebrewing stir plate

Post by atrueresistance » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:25 am

http://imgur.com/a/jWinS

I have to give a lot of thanks to everyone especially Improbable Construct. This marks my first project kind of done with my shapeoko. The finished design is version 6.2 and I'm giving to a friend in exchange for Autumn Brew Review tickets for my father and I.

Some things I've learned along the way.
  • When using cedar fence posts, always measure the width to make sure you have a wide enough piece as they vary.
  • Always add .02" if not a bit more to anything you cut (to make sure it will actually go through
  • ALWAYS REVIEW CODE IN OpenSCAM before running it, for some reason CamBam would mess up the profile code, causing me to manually remove the first parts of the profile section until the path looks correct.
  • Don't use a 4 flute for acrylic
  • sketchup does not export perfect circles to .dxf
  • That emergency stop is a godsend!!!
Version 7 will be for me and I've already had some ideas to make it better. If anyone is interested in the .nc I can provided it.

Yes I could have gone to the store and bought a stir plate that was probably cheaper, but hey it wouldn't be fun if it was easy.
Shapeoko 1 #unknown
Shapeoko 3 #572
Checkout my Etsy Store

zerblatt007

Re: homebrewing stir plate

Post by zerblatt007 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:16 am

Wow!
That is both a great idea and nicely done!
Maybe I have to make one for myself.. :)
Shapeoko #958: Dual-Y drive, Double-X, Belt on outside, 1m Y-Axis, Acme Z, Opened up and boxed in. Kress 1050 Spindle.

jsbannis

Re: homebrewing stir plate

Post by jsbannis » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:57 pm

That looks really nice, good job! :D
shapeoko #0057