Pegs and Jokers board game

Share your Shapeoko created projects!
stephenjbell

Pegs and Jokers board game

Post by stephenjbell » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:19 am

We first saw the board game "Pegs and Jokers" at a friend\'s house. I had preordered the Shapeoko 2, and had a flash of "I could make this!" inspiration.

Since this was our first "real wood" project, we didn\'t really know what to expect, but it turned out great.

We picked up some planks of 3/8" poplar at Home Depot and had them cut it down to size for us. I designed the game board in Illustrator, then exported to SVG to load into Makercam.com. This was all cut using a 1/4" bit on a DW660.

We did quite a bit of sanding, then used a clear-coat on the boards to protect them. Poplar has a really unique coloring and grain, so we wanted to leave it as it was.

OldEnglishShop

Re: Pegs and Jokers board game

Post by OldEnglishShop » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:16 pm

That looks great, nice job.

Would you be able to share the image file svg or dxf of the outside profile of the pieces.

Cheers

stephenjbell

Post by stephenjbell » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:11 am

Here you go. We fit two of them diagonally so that we could make them as large as possible on the stock Shapeoko 2, so that's how they're arranged in the SVG.

It wouldn't let me use an SVG extension, so I added .TXT. Remove it and the file should work as expected.
Attachments
boards.svg.txt
Pegs and Jokers Boards (X2)
(8.7 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

Woodworker

Post by Woodworker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 am

Very nice, thanks for sharing the drawing. I had to use the diagonal when i did a throat plate for my table saw.
Things i want to do are not fitting the SO2 stock footprint. :-)
BRuce - SO2 #4798 - IC's Z axis upgrade, customized Z rail and Z motor mount, spindle Dewalt 611